Wix - Any recent experiences?

5 posts
SWParent
Options:
Share this post on:

Wix - Any recent experiences?

Postby SWParent » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking for parents who currently have their children at Wix (reception ideally). I am interested by this school for my child mostly because of the bilingual stream. However, the ofsted reports are not very reassuring as the school is rated inadequate.

I would be very interested to get in touch or hear from parents who currently have children into this school what they think about it, be it the reception, the English stream or the bilingual stream.

Thanks!
claphamite
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wix - Any recent experiences?

Postby claphamite » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Unless you live extremely close to the school, it is very tough to get in to the bilingual stream. I believe the English stream has a much larger catchment.

Try Heathbrook. Our daughter has just started in reception and loves it. Excellent school.
kidzibuzi
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kidzibuzi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,
I have two children. One has just left Wix bilingual for the French Lycee and my youngest is in Year 3 bilingual. They have been really happy at Wix and are doing well. The teachers are fully involved and they offer a lot of opportunities to progress. The bilingual stream can be a bit demanding in terms of homework, so the kids need to be ready for it, and supported at home. I know the school had some difficulties on the English side, but the association with Belleville should definitely change it to the best. It always sounded like a great environment for my kids with a lot of activities during class time or after school.
SWParent
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SWParent » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Many thanks both for your replies. This is very helpful. It is so stressful to try to find the right school!

I have also started to look at Shaftesbury and Heathbrook since these are two names which also came up in my online search when looking for schools in this area. It is quite hard to find infos for these schools. I guess the best is to go for an open day at some point!
jess169
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jess169 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:10 am

I would recommend the bilingual stream at Shaftesbury Park Primary School. Both my children go here and they love it! Ofstead rating is currently “good” but they are working towards “outstanding”. Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
http://shaftesburypark.wandsworth.sch.u ... ual-school

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.