Oasis Academy Putney

5 posts
babyjet2
Options:
Share this post on:

Oasis Academy Putney

Postby babyjet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am

We are looking at options for our son for September 2018. Does anyone have any feedback on the new Oasis Academy in Putney. I appreciate it's really new so comments from those who may have taken a tour as well as those with kids there are most welcome. I'm a little confused/concerned about the freedoms academies have in respect of the curriculum as an aside
janee
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Oasis Academy Putney

Postby janee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 am

Oasis Academies Trust seems to have improved from its early days when it was floundering but my concern would be that it has expanded very rapidly over the last few years with schools scattered widely across the country, some of them rated outstanding or good, but some are rated as requiring improvement or inadequate. It worries me that any chain of academies would be allowed to expand so much without having brought all schools up to scratch. Putney, of course, has not yet been inspected.
babyjet2
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby babyjet2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks for this Jane. This mirrors my concerns and I'm not sure any tour could allay them.
KTC42
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KTC42 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am

Hi
I went to view this school a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't an official open day, it was a one on one tour, interesting, spoke to some of the parents and children and they all love it, they all seemed happy, the staff were friendly, there isn't much info on performance but for the reception 88% we where they should be and 38% overachieving expected level which is a good start for an unproved school, 100% parent and child satisfaction (this bit was in the good school guide too), also interestingly, a school can't be given an ofstead rating until it has been open for 3 years (unofficially they have been told they are getting outstanding - able to get a bit more info as not an official tour), they do wrap around care and breakfast club etc, All Saints join in with this on the Oasis site, they also have an on site artist to do creative things with the children, with this extra info I would be happy to put my girl in, in Sept 18, I was worried as we are not in any catchment areas so this is a great relief, I am telling all my daughters nursery friends about this so hoping this will help, once, if it happens and the ofstead rating comes out the catchment area will shrink, this is good for my younger girl too, plus there is parking too which is good
KTC42
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KTC42 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 am

babyjet2 wrote:We are looking at options for our son for September 2018. Does anyone have any feedback on the new Oasis Academy in Putney. I appreciate it's really new so comments from those who may have taken a tour as well as those with kids there are most welcome. I'm a little confused/concerned about the freedoms academies have in respect of the curriculum as an aside
Hi, I have just put my review of oasis down if you want to have a look

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.