Gov cuts funding for Wandsworth schools...

• Author

Share this post on:

Gov cuts funding for Wandsworth schools...

Postby papinian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:57 pm

... to fund schools elsewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -secretary

No school will lose more than 3% overall, with a maximum cut capped at 1.5% per year.

Wandsworth is expected to be among the top ten boroughs that see the biggest reduction.Happy news for all Wandsworth school heads.

Remember this cut next time you speak with your local Conservative councillors.

Carol2R

Share this post on:

Re: Gov cuts funding for Wandsworth schools...

Postby Carol2R » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49 am

There are two ways to resolve an imbalance in a funding formula. One is to increase the overall budget and give more to those who had been given short shrift. The Government has instead chosen to take from some to give to others. So the London schools, which have been the success story in terms of results, will be undermined. It's really a shame.

janee

Share this post on:

Postby janee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am

You can check the individual schools on this website: https://www.schoolcuts.org.uk/#!/
The schools which "benefit" are not all rural schools but just a very few in one area. Meanwhile (I feel I must point out) there are many millions of pounds being written off as academy trusts run up huge debts and then get shot of their schools.

EAS

Share this post on:

Postby EAS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Thanks Papinian... I think this is more to do with central government than local Conservative Councillors, although I might be asking Labour Councillors why the Labour Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, wants to axe more police stations in Wandsworth than in any other London Borough? Surely he doesn't have a down on the Conservative run Wandsworth Council?

Return to “Primary Schools”