Clapham manor primary school

6 posts
keri lickfett
Options:
Share this post on:

Clapham manor primary school

Postby keri lickfett » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:21 am

Hello Mothers .. I am looking to move to SW4 and researching primary schools. Does anyone have an opinion of clapham manor primary school? There last inspection was back in 2007 where they received outstanding. A worrying long time ago ... What about the parent community, teaching standard and so forth... I could really use personal opinions to help me make a decision. What are my other options in the area in terms of great state schools? Thanks so much!!
sid_seal
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clapham manor primary school

Postby sid_seal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Sorry, can't help!
I would have liked to visit it and to consider it as an (unrealistic given the distance) option for Reception, but when I asked if there was any chance I could visit at any other time except their "institutional" Monday as Monday was the only day I could not take off work last Autumn, I received a very dismissive reply; I know that other local schools are happy to arrange individual visits for parents unable to attend the open days.
It's too late for me anyway as I have applied (without including CM) for Sept 2015 entry, but I would be very curious hear from people who have kids there/have visited it, as it never seems to be mentioned on this forum!
keri lickfett
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby keri lickfett » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:15 pm

I visited the school and it is lovely but with an inspection a life time ago I am not going on much but a gut feeling. Where did you decide to send your littles? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your reply :-)
sid_seal
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sid_seal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello Keri,
I would say that gut feelings should be the first thing you should trust! Anyway, I would suggest visiting other schools just to have some terms of comparison if you don't have children at school already.
You may check the data dashboard on the Ofsted website to check the school performance if you want something quantitative.
Like I said, we live quite far from Clapham Manor, and I was just looking at options to fill the last two places on the application form for the sake of saying that I had not left any gaps - our first four choices were reasonable in terms of distance/offers made in the past, but for the remaining two we could as well have put down schools in North London :lol:
Anyway, we are hoping to get into Alderbrook as we are really happy with the nursery there. It is the closest one to us, and definitely worth a visit if you are considering SW12 as a place to move to. If, on the other hand, you are definitely planning to stick with SW4, I guess Wix could be an option for you. Off Abbeville Road you have Bonneville. Not sure what you can find past Clapham North, or what the situation is like re faith schools close to SW4.
Good luck!
HMB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby HMB » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 pm

I teach at a different Lambeth primary school and we tend to go on courses and network. The teachers from Clapham Manor have always been very organised, knowledgeable and friendly and I am extremely jealous of their EYFS outside area. If Ofsted had an inkling that they weren't doing as well as their grade suggested then they would re-inspect.

Oscar23
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Oscar23 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45 am

Yeah I visited this Phoenix pre-k. I liked the way the teachers teach kids there. The classes were quite interactive and it was the best thing about this kindergarten. Now I am having a thought to enroll my son in this kindergarten.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.