no antenatal course and only 12 weeks to go

12 posts
Mumtobe_September17
Options:
Share this post on:

no antenatal course and only 12 weeks to go

Postby Mumtobe_September17 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Hello,

i have just moved to battersea from abroad and i still couldn´t find any antenatal course in my area (SW11) as most of them are fully booked. Maybe i was just a bit too relaxed, but the last months have been very intense due to the move, finding a flat, etc etc.

So now here i am, with still no antenatal course. I would love to do one, not only for the course itself but mainly to meet new mums to be.

I am 35, this is my first child and i am due on th 19th of September.

If anyone has a suggestion for me, i would really appreciate a lot :D

Thank you!
Bunnypigeon1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: no antenatal course and only 12 weeks to go

Postby Bunnypigeon1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Have you tried here:
www.thebabycarecompany.com
Mumtobe_September17
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mumtobe_September17 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello ;) yes i have, no courses currently on for first time mums. any other ideas?
40plus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 40plus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Have you tried Lulubaby? I did my 2nd child refresher course with them.
Or, perhaps it's worth asking your doctors surgery if they have any courses.

Good luck
jessxb72
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jessxb72 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Have you tried Bump and Baby Club?
http://bumpandbabyclub.com/
They were really great for us and I've made some amazing friends.
Good luck!

sonika
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sonika » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi - I don't have any course suggestions, but wanted to say that I'm due Sept 18! Just a day before you. It's my second but my first will be with his nanny mostly so will be me and baby. Would love to meet for tea
Karen
BodyBirthandBabe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BodyBirthandBabe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Hello,
I run KG Hypnobirthing courses and have spaces in a group class in August in Clapham North. My courses provide thorough and evidence based information helping you prepare for the birth of your baby in the UK. We also incorporate hypnotherapy techniques to release fear and learn how to get into a deep state of relaxation, which is how our body's prefer to be during labour.
I have a group class on Saturday afternoon's 5th and 12th August. I can also run private classes before August in your own home, but you won't get the social aspect this way. Let me know if you want more information and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.

http://www.bodybirthandbabe.com
KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello Mum to Be and huge congrats.

Antenatal courses do tend to get rather booked up I'm afraid. Did you have no luck with your local NCT branch? Could they not squeeze you in?

I run Better Birth Stories which predominantly teaches hypnobirthing with birth prep but I am now fully booked for our next course at the end of July. I will be running one at the end of August though which may work? Don't worry so much about dates, first babies do tend to arrive nearer the 41+3 mark so that would still give you time to make some friends and get some good preparation and practice done.
You can find the info at: http://www.betterbirthstories.com

NCT used to or possibly still run Bump & Baby classes in SW11 which may be worth going to and if you put a post here to meet mums with September due dates you will get lots of replies. NVN also run regular meet-ups where you can get to know some other local parents and have a well earned coffee and some cake.

This is a very friendly area though and you will be amazed at the sheer amount of playgroups and classes which are aimed at mums with babies so you will get lots of opportunities to meet other people.

Melanie x
Kelso330
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kelso330 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello!

I'm a FTM and also due in September, although based in SW19, rather than SW11. I had an email from our NCT group the other day saying that our group is rather small - only 3 couples, so I'm sure if you contacted them, they could squeeze you in? Our first class is 18 July and it's the one at the instructor's house.

I believe the booking number is 020 8752 9104.

Sarah

Kelso330
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kelso330 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:00 pm

sandraletitia
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sandraletitia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi I am the NCT antenatal teacher running the course in question - (as Kelso330 mentioned - many thanks by the way).
There ARE 3 confirmed bookings and now two reservations so only one place will show on the booking page. We reckon this course will definitely go beyond the 3 who are booked so far - if interested DO at least enquire without delay.
I m running it from my house in Southfields, 3 mins walk from Southfields tube and parking (metered) available in the street during the day but free in any case evenings and weekends.
Hope that helps.
Sandra Bush
Natal Hypnotherapy Practitioner
NCT Antenatal Teacher
Mumtobe_September17
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mumtobe_September17 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 am

Thank you all for your super kind replys! I did find a place at Lulubabys in Chelsea and it is very interesting already and i am doing some prenatal yoga preparation and mindful birthing with Nadia in Clapham which i can highly recommend! I am also super interested in Hypnobirthing and will do a free taster course this sunday in Clapham. the offer here is amazing and i hope i will continue meeting many nice mums :) so if you want to grab a coffee or have a chat feel free to contact me, maternity leave is about to start (1st september) and will last for 12 beatiful months. I am so looking forward to this new adventure!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.