Talent Agency: Open books for 0-16 year old performers

2 posts
IconaManagement
Options:
Share this post on:

Talent Agency: Open books for 0-16 year old performers

Postby IconaManagement » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write this post for any parent who has a little child star. We have opened our books for any little performer aged from 0-16 years old until September.

So you have a child who loves the limelight? It could certainly be more than just a hobby. However, it's really tough being a performer, let alone being a child performer (trust me, I've been there). I graduated acting school in 2008 and went on to gain a scholarship at film school in New York, but I knew I loved performing from age 5. Luckily I've now got hundreds of contacts in the industry, I've worked for an adult acting agency, I've run castings for companies such as Dielsel, Cadbury and BBC Children In Need. I've helped all ages with both performance based confidence classes to West End shows, so I know what it takes and the best way to get there.

I might already know a few of you having hosted various children's acting classes and groups in South West London. However, I found the gaping hole between running these classes to help kids gain the skills to get into the industry, and them getting into a children's agency without financial loss was impossible, therefore I have started my own agency... which of course is ABSOLUTELY FREE, as I completely think it should be (please don't get stung). Based on professional adult talent agencies, there is absolutely no payment required, just pure passion to perform!

Of course, I have tonnes of contacts who hold well established theatre schools and drama classes, so I can recommend one suitable for the style of performance your little one loves. We cover photographic work (modelling), film, theatre, commercials and voice overs.

If you are interested in getting representation, please do get in touch. Depending on age, your child may need to perform a short piece (this could be a nursery rhyme to Shakespeare). As with all casting, I'm not looking for perfection at this stage but rather a certain amount of confidence and/or how much your child enjoys what they're doing. If you could also send over your childs response to the following question:
"How does performing make you feel?" or "Why do you like performing?"

Just to add, I have been casting for such a long time I can prepare you and your child for exactly what to expect going into a casting room. It can even be daunting for adults! so I coach and advise on exactly what will happen for any potential job. Casting directors are looking for confidence and ability, but mainly that your child is enjoying the experience.

So, whether you have a baby who is destined to be the next face of Pampers, or a little one waiting to be in the cast of Matilda do let me know and we can go ahead with a meeting. For babies, photos are fine. For talkers please prepare a short piece, this could be a song, nursery rhyme or Shakespeare!

Please pop me a message or you can email me directly: iconamgt@gmail.com

Looking forward to meeting you and your little star :-)
Elizabeth (Lizzie) x
IconaManagement
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Talent Agency: Open books for 0-16 year old performers

Postby IconaManagement » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi everyone,

After an overwhelming response we are so happy to announce that we have almost completely filled our books.

This round of applications will remain open until October, but we are looking specifically for:

Boys (of all ages) but over 7 years old especially.

Girls (of all ages) good singers, and/or over 9 years old especially

Thanks so very much for sending your applications, we've signed some amazing little faces and have already booked some great jobs.

We're planning on closing applications soon, so please do pop us an email/photo via the website and we'll get back to you all (within a week)- we promise!

Many thanks!
Elizabeth
@IconaManagement
www.iconamanagement.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.