Swimming Lessons

9 posts
Mummy2b2212
Options:
Share this post on:

Swimming Lessons

Postby Mummy2b2212 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:06 am

Help! I'm trying to find some really great swimming lessons for my 4 year old and 3 month old.

I don't want to get in the water with the elder one and I want proper lessons rather than just splashing fun and songs.

For the younger one I appreciate they'd be more fun but I wouldn't mind them actually learning a few swimming skills for how expensive lessons are!

Any recommendations?
KayceeBee
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Swimming Lessons

Postby KayceeBee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:13 am

If you like the idea of intensive lessons for your 4 year old check out my website...
www.kimberleyswimclinics.co.uk
The next clinic is 22-25 July and there are a range of clinics for all levels.
The teachers are excellent.
BalhamLiz
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BalhamLiz » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:43 pm

I'd really recomcom Cindy Swim School. They do lessons from babies up until adults. My little girl started at 2.5 and is now swimming confidently and has made lots of progress.

Their teachers are great and the pools are lovely in private houses so none of the hassle of big changing rooms.

Also with the older ones they're small groups so you don't have to get in the water.

Www.cindysswimschool.co.uk
Mammachaos
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mammachaos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Kayceebee
I am very keen to do those intensive lessons for my 6 year old. How do I know which clinic to choose?
Thanks
KayceeBee
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KayceeBee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Mammachaos,
Just email me at kimberleyswimclinics@gmail.com with details of the swimming your 6 year old has previously done and how confident they are in the water and I can advise which clinic suits them best or you can call me on 07771 907 553 to discuss.
Thanks for your interest.
Kimberley

Piccalilli
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Piccalilli » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm

A friend of ours attended Cindys swim school and thought very highly of them.

Has anyone been to the Claoham Manor Leisure Center lessons? It's only £20 per month so I'm wondering how good it actually is. Similarly the Latchere run beginners lessons for £30 per month.

X
mumofone07
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mumofone07 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Piccalilly,

Yes, I can highly recommend Clapham Manor. My both children go there. We've started weekly lessons with my older son when he was 5 months only. He is 3,5 years old now and he is super confident in the water! He loves swimming and his swimming coach is excellent with kids, there is max 5 of them I believe but quite often only 3-4. He is capable of swimming short distant on his own on his back and his front. He really enjoys it. Since he turned 3 i don't go in the water with him but as I also have 17 months old boy I do mother and toddler lessons with him at he same time, just other end of the pool. This is very handy and we all love it! Thursday is the day which we all are looking for!
Mummy2b2212
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummy2b2212 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 am

Thanks for all the recommendations!

We went with Cindys Swim School and they've been great! Small classes and good locations and you don't have to get in, bonus!

The also do holiday crash courses so we're going to book one for Easter (for my elder one, I'm not a pushy mum of a 3 month old :lol: )

They offer a referral discount so if you fancy 10% off PM me and I can send you the code.

Thanks NVN!
BalhamLiz
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BalhamLiz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:40 am

Ah glad you found them and it's going well.

Had anyone done a holiday course with Cindy's Swim School? I don't know if it might be too intense for a 3 year old?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.