Fox theif

5 posts
nycmommy
Options:
Share this post on:

Fox theif

Postby nycmommy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:22 am

I realize this is a fairly ridiculous post, but bear with me. We, like most of you I imagine, have a pretty bad fox problem. I'm somewhat resigned to that. What I can't stand is that the damn fox keeps stealing my dog's toys from the garden.

I try to bring them in at night, but the dog keeps bringing them out and seemingly putting them out to lure the fox. (Yes, I've spoken to her about it to no avail...)

What I want to know is 1. If you are finding unknown dog toys in your garden, would you either let me know and I'll come get them if I can (if you've already tossed because too gross or destroyed, I get it.) 2. At this point, I'm just curious as to where they've gone/how far they've travelled. Would you let me know if you've seen:

1. Flat kangaroo (I'm feeling this one as it was the first toy I got her when we brought her home as a puppy).
2. A little brown dog with big eyes.
3. Fuzzy duck.
I'm sure there are more.
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Fox theif

Postby parsleysong » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 pm

I love our London wildlife, despite the loss of the occasional shoe/welly/plastic toy. We have lots passing through our garden too and I enjoy seeing them, plus they do no real harm (not compared to us humans). I don't know what you have in NYC but try to live with these gentle and shy creatures (and perhaps give them a few flat kangaroos and fuzzy ducks of their own for Christmas :D ).
EarlsfieldMumD#0707
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EarlsfieldMumD#0707 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:22 am

It actually thought it seemed rather odd when my dog kept finding soft toys on her evening walks!. These toys, were not left out during the day but only at night. We came home with a total of three!, all various including Peppa pig. Do you think the ‘fox’ is receiving presents and when my dog, who is large and completely refused to drop the toys until we got home, started looking else where!!..
souxie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby souxie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Dear NYC Mommy,

Hi there! Interesting One...

I'm the admin for a Facebook group called 'Common Dog' which is for all things related to dogs in Clapham & Wandsworth.

We have lots of lovely local doggie parents in our group...& I've shared Ur post there to see what people suggest and whether anyone has found your dog's beloved toys...fingers crossed!!!!

You are most welcome to join our group...the link is below:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/343360205806453/
nycmommy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nycmommy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks Souxie,

I'll take a look!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.