Trampoline suitable for a small garden

7 posts
Giraffe123
Options:
Share this post on:

Trampoline suitable for a small garden

Postby Giraffe123 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:40 am

Hi
With Christmas round the corner our four year old has just said that she would like a trampoline for Christmas. Like many homes in the area we don't have a large garden and my husband is concerned that the trampoline will dominate what garden we do have and prevent our daughter from running around and play with her other toys. All the trampolines we have looked at seem to be permanent fixtures (difficult to take down). Does anyone have a collapsible trampoline that they would recommend ? If this isn't an option please can you let me know your recommendations for trampolines with enclosures as I am getting lost in reviews!
Many thanks
xx
twomonkeys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Trampoline suitable for a small garden

Postby twomonkeys » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Interested so following! :D
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:48 pm

We bought one of these for our terrace house garden when DD was 2yrs
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kids-Mini-Tram ... SwbmtZjcRV
but by age 4 she was a little over it and looking for something bigger.

My only suggestion would be sunken trampoline and AstroTurf lid and you can also use a collapsible enclosure with it?
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 pm

I've had a similar conversation recently with my husband. I don't think there is such a thing as a collapsible full size trampoline - the best option I have seen is to sink it into the ground and get a lid made for it - but this does cost a fair bit unless you have great diy skills yourself. Capital Play and Plum do ones designed to be sunk into the ground.

One compromise option- Jumpking sell a trampoline (called the "combo" i think) which has been designed to work with a circus tent style canopy (which they sell separately). Might make it less unsightly and also means it could double as a den/playhouse.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

We used to have a Jump King oval trampoline. They seem to take up less space than round ones.

lucypaul
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lucypaul » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:59 pm

The only option in my humble opinion for a small London garden is to sink the trampoline and add a lid as one of your other replies suggested. We have had this done recently by a brilliant (and local) company called simply sunken trampolines! Their website is www.sunkentrampolines.co.uk and they did a really great job on our garden. Raised trampolines are so unsightly and take up most of the garden - not to mention the fact that they can blow away in high winds.
We are absolutely delighted with ours and highly recommend the professional company who did the work - they also make and supply the lids which easily take the weight of people walking on top - ours is covered in easy grass which their company sorted and fitted as well.
gemima
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gemima » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 pm

This is great to know and I wasn't even the one asking! Thank you!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.