Post-natal doula recommendations

7 posts
Fruisli
Options:
Share this post on:

Post-natal doula recommendations

Postby Fruisli » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 am

Hi ladies,

My first baby is due to arrive in April, and I’d really like to book a post-natal doula for a little while after the birth, to help us out and give us a bit more confidence with the baby. Has anyone used a doula that they would recommend?

Thanks
Thea Hutchinson
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Post-natal doula recommendations

Postby Thea Hutchinson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 am

Hi, a post-natal doula is an excellent idea! I used one once a week for 6 weeks following the births of my two daughters. They gave me company, support and lots of lovely cooking/food. I can highly recommend Maggie https://alacartedoula.co.uk. I also know a trainee doula called Fiona who used to run a catering business. You should be able to find her on the doula UK website. But PM me if not. Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with the birth! Thea X
Thea Hutchinson
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Thea Hutchinson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

ALE13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ALE13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 am

I had a baby at the start of October and have had a wonderful experience with a post natal doula, Tracy. Her website is here - https://www.mothernurturesurrey.co.uk/

I live just off the Northcote Road and I know that she has had other clients in Wandsworth and Putney. I can I recommend her highly enough but would recommend that you get in touch with whatever doulas you are considering alone as they do get booked up.

It is worth talking to / meeting your potential doula and getting references as it will make a massive difference if you really get on with them and they are the type of person you enjoy sitting down for a cup of tea with.

Good luck! Getting a post natal doula is so worth it and I would recommend it to anyone having a baby.
ALE13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ALE13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 am

Just to be clear I meant to say that I cannot recommend Tracy highly enough and that you should contact doulas now (not alone). Perils of one handed typing with a wriggly baby.

kayladoula
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kayladoula » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi - I am actually a birth doula at Chelsea and Westminster hospital but I can really recommend Maggie Vaughan www.alacartedoula.co.uk who also works here part time. Good luck with your search and pregnancy.
asiapearl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby asiapearl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 am

Hi there, I had an excellent doula whom I worked with through my pregnancy and birth (having a doula for the birth, cant recommend it enough!) as well as for several weeks after. Her name is Charmaine (she also partners with a fav post natal doula named Lauren) her website is https://www.naturesnedjety.com/our-services--treatments

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.