How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

32 posts
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

Postby GuyD73 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:11 am

I am not the only person who, in the light of the Electoral Commission's investigation into potential election fraud by the Leave campaign, revelations about Russian influence through social media and finance and the source of the dark DUP money, is seriously questioning the legitimacy of the EU ref vote.

Brexit is far from a done deal and we are starting to see politicians of various hues now leaning towards a final say on the deal. There are lots of ways to campaign - use the #FBPE and #stopbrexit hashtags on Twitter and please write to your MP about the amendments to the Repeal bill currently going through Parliament. Worth following Jolyon Maughan, a barrister bringing a judicial review about the revocability of article 50.

The very idea that MPs could only have a choice between a bad deal and no deal is disgraceful and I feel sure Parliament will throw it out, but we need to keep pressure on all the same. I'm looking forward to finding out what else we can do to stop this calamitous self-harm that's Brexit at this event, so I hope to see some of you there. If you believe this is a disastrous direction for our country and Brexit will severely diminish our children's prospects, keep fighting
Attachments
a4familymarch.png
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

Postby rooting4tooting » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am

the idea of democracy is that you can vote them out.. you can't vote out the EU leaders..
given that Teresa May couldn't negotiate herself out of a paper bag, the sooner we leave this corrupt cash sucking power hungry dictatorship the better..
Chimera
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

Postby Chimera » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am

Sorry can't do - Xmas lunch takes precedence
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

It seems that Brexit is having the outcome that the Leave lobby promised:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42178038 To be clear I'm not saying this is a positive but undoubtedly the huge wave of immigration which successive governments failed to plan for was probably the no. 1 issue for Leave voters.
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GuyD73 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I'd agree Julian, but one of the situations that contributes to is the 96% fall in nursing registrations since the vote, which is pretty scary. I wonder how many people factored in consequences like that to their voting decision?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... exit-vote/
Agree too that and 'sovereignty' were the top reasons but I'm not sure how many leave voters understood that we always had powers under freedom of movement to repatriate anyone who didn't have the means to support themselves or have a job within three months, as used by a number of EU members states. And that it's the fault of successive governments in not using those powers that led to the incredibly divisive benefits tourism rhetoric, particularly on the far right.

Interesting to hear some UKIP bod already moaning that it's not enough and that they won't be happy until the tory manifesto promise of tens of thousands is achieved. I despair sometimes

juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Well I do think immigration was a massive issue. But not here in Nappyvalley where the impression of immigration is well educated, well skilled people providing skill sets that are required. However this wasn't/isn't the impression in many parts of the country that contributed to the result, way more than any Russian blogger.

I totally agree that first Labour then the following governments totally ignored the plight of those who couldn't get council/affordable housing, found themselves undercut in low skilled manual labour etc. The irony was that in theory, those Governments could have controlled non-EU immigration but failed to do so. I haven't read or heard any reason as to why that was? For the Leave campaign this was electoral gold which they exploited to the full.

Now we have a weak Government giving in to virtually every condition except N.I. because it would fall. The EU has even given notice to expel us from Europol which only puts all EU and UK citizens at greater risk. As the Government don't want to be part of either the Customs Union or the Single Market I honestly believe a 'Hard Brexit' would be the lesser of two evils. As it stands we'll be paying out a fortune for nothing in particular. I was all for paying for what we had already agreed to but contributing to the pension funds for people who will be acting against our national interest is ludricrous.

As for the BBC article it might actually spur the introduction of first generation robotics and other such technology. I don't think we're returning to the days of fruit picking by students and local casual labour!
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 pm

petal wrote:What should ideally have happened is that Cameron got more out of the deal from the EU when he tried to negotiate with them prior to the vote.
I actually think that was a disaster of an idea. He should have gone on the charm offensive (which he was good at) and upsold all the many merits of being an active, contributing member of the EU. The other member states were never going to give us more benefits when we probably had the best deal of all. Especially when immigration could and should have been controlled from outside the EU.

Still, I do think it's crying over split milk now. No party is going to back reversing Article 50 because the country as a whole don't support it. The last opinion polls showed the split almost exactly the same as the referendum results.
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:43 pm

The referendum decision should have been set at a quorum. two thirds of two thirds.. not just 50.1%
The requirement deserved to have been thought through. ( I am a leaver but I'm not stupid)

although old news.. now ancient news. Cameron went to get something, came back with nothing and still thought it was better to stay in. He should have resigned there and then.
Having heard on the news yesterday, the moans of some European migrants, I would say, they came for the money and now they're going. It shows them for what they are... economic migrants.. They weren't here because they love Britain, they were here for what they could get and now they are going.
What we're looking for is someone who can contribute, to what England has to offer, culture, sophistication, genius.. A little bit more than a bratwurst, you know what I mean?
A note to Mrs May, the idea of negotiation is to be the last one to blink... You haven't stopped blinking since the general election.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:36 pm

"Having heard on the news yesterday, the moans of some European migrants, I would say, they came for the money and now they're going. It shows them for what they are... economic migrants.. They weren't here because they love Britain, they were here for what they could get and now they are going.
What we're looking for is someone who can contribute, to what England has to offer, culture, sophistication, genius.. A little bit more than a bratwurst, you know what I mean? "
Economic migration is now the norm as people move around for economic gains way more than before.Not every migrant that come to the UK has to love it and the same goes for other countries and cities were economic migration is common (Hong Kong,Dubai,Singapore etc.).Migration,economic or not ,contributes to the host country in different ways not just Taxes and it has already contributed to this country in many ways (food,culture,sophistication come to mind!).From a migrant point of view I can tell you that often I feel tolerated more than welcome from the natives.The result of the referendum was not a surprise to me.

rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 am

For Petal,
you and I are here for life, but we need to understand those who are leaving for greener shores are parasites.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm

rooting4tooting wrote:For Petal,
you and I are here for life, but we need to understand those who are leaving for greener shores are parasites.
Parasites how?
We come here for whatever reason,we work our way up,we pay taxes and when we are ready we move on .We don't stay here when old to occupy hospital beds and be a burden to the NHS .So in reality you should be grateful that we move on as we are not getting advantage of what we have contributed during our stay in your country!I have the choice to grow old somewhere else and I am going to take it!
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:23 pm

A typical Leave voter -irrational , a sense of undeserved superiority, bigotted and foaming at the mouth.

Really fed up with this stupidity!
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Star wrote:A typical Leave voter -irrational , a sense of undeserved superiority, bigotted and foaming at the mouth.

Really fed up with this stupidity!
I agree! It doesn't make sense! :roll:
This is what I mean when I say that I never felt welcome just merely tolerated!

juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 pm

I've lived and worked on a temporary basis in France,Switzerland, Italy, Spain, USA and New Zealand. I followed the laws and paid my taxes. Does that make me a parasite?
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby parsleysong » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 pm

As soon as I saw the title of this post, I new that Guy Dorrell would be behind it. Give up on the negativity and whingeiness. Brexit is happening so make the most of it. Britain is the 5th largest economy in the world, we are not Greece, so stop trying to depress everyone Guy and focus on the advantages it will bring to your fishing business. I had several subs (of over-priced fish) with you but you've lost my business as although you seem like a nice enough person, I don't think you are very bright or know what you are doing.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.