How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

32 posts
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

Postby parsleysong » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 pm

that's the point though Petal - Britain can now decide for itself who comes here, rather than Angela Merkel inviting a million migrants from fucked up places over without being vetted. Plus, stop being silly - the UK is still and will be the most migrant-friendly and humanitarian place in the world.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to fight Brexit - Best for Britain event in Vauxhall Thursday 14th December.

Postby windmill26 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 pm

the parsley song wrote:that's the point though Petal - Britain can now decide for itself who comes here, rather than Angela Merkel inviting a million migrants from fucked up places over without being vetted. Plus, stop being silly - the UK is still and will be the most migrant-friendly and humanitarian place in the world.
Is always Angela Merkel fault, isn't it? Doesn't YOUR country have a Government?Does your government do what Angel Merkel says? She invited migrants to her country not yours.People ,not "parasites" ,that had to leave their own country with nothing but the clothes on their back! Don't worry ,YOUR country and people like you made it very clear that migrants (economic or not),refugees,asylum seekers etc... are NOT welcome here! Back to the good old days were the dish du jour was "beans on toast" not the continental stuff that now is all over YOUR supermarkets and restaurants.Or would you like to go back to the pillaging,colonising and enslaving that helped to create the Empire ?
BFW
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BFW » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:44 pm

I have been in this country for 22 years (dutifully paying my taxes!). I have loved living in this amazing country. But Things have changed in the last 12 months and we are looking to leave. Posts like the ones from Rootingfortooting and parsley song reinforce the reasons behind our decision. Sad times.
Olaf
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Olaf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:12 am

"stop being silly - the UK is still and will be the most migrant-friendly and humanitarian place in the world"

Talking about leaving in a bubble....
Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:29 am

More incisive analysis you’d find in Hello than most of this drivel on both sides

Amazing how many people don’t understand the basics of the arguments for the side they claim to support, let alone the other side.

This is from Ivan Rogers Britain’s EU Mandarin, in a speech to Hertford College

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/poli ... -to-brexit

It sets out the issues pretty well and in great depth. I suspect Rogers comes to the wrong conclusions but he does clearly understand the issues.

As anyone not indulging in immigration rhetoric or turgid, unimpressive banalities about cosmopolitan remainer values knows, it comes down to the treaty of Lisbon negotiations in 2011 to shore up the single currency.

The direction of travel for EU institutional & political integration was for those members of the monetary union at the expense of those members whose only interest was in the single market I.e. didn’t have the EURO

Rogers puts it thus:

“In the post Monetary Union world, he was right to think that virtually all of the subsequent necessary further integration steps of the monetary union members would be driven by the imperatives of the currency union, not those of the single market.”

He thinks Cameron got significant concession in the renegotiation, given the environment and the partners he had to deal with; conversely you might argue how wise it is to align your interests with them in the first

Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 am

Star wrote:A typical Leave voter -irrational , a sense of undeserved superiority, bigotted and foaming at the mouth.

Really fed up with this stupidity!
No shortage of irony here
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am

If you are going to use offensive racist language expect people to be offended. Tempers will flare. It's not ok to refer to individuals with back stories as "parasites".
We are Londoners, it's cosmopolitan, sophisticated and rough but we coexist and it's neccesary, many of us love it! Most people here are remainers. Perhaps some people should consider moving somewhere more homogenous and commute In? Not good to walk around with such hatred especially living somewhere like Tooting.
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 am

Ps more than happy to read respectful discussions from the Leave side
Also a healthy debate on immigration without being offensive and dehumanizing people is absolutely fine with me.

My parents were migrants from 2 different countries and I am not white. I was also racially abused outside Waitrose Balham for the first time in my adult life 2 days after the referendum result. I was offended and very angry especially as many people particularly Muslims and East Europeans were experiencing much worse. Angry with our toxic tabloids and right wing politicians, especially Farage. I hope you get my drift
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:43 am

Still stands for me: Brexit was voted for by the ill informed and disgruntled who had no **** idea what they were voting for.

Yesterday was a **** show!!!! Perhaps the very wise Scottov will have an answer
Here's hoping

Good luck Guy73d I respect your efforts and enthusiasm muchly

rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:57 pm

retainers are a minority.. A loud minority, but a minority. UKIP, far from being right wing has as more ex members of the Labour Party than ex members of the Conservative party. Couple that with the fact that the leader of the Labour Party does not want to be in Europe and that the leader of the Conservative party does, makes where we are even more complicated.
Then there are Europeans living in the UK.
Those that came here to live and to stay and to do well I respect and indeed love. Those that came here to earn what they could and then move on to pastures new should leave and try those pastures.
Many Polish people came to the UK after WW2 and many Spaniards after their civil war. And here they stayed.. Obviously some moved elsewhere when they wanted and could as is the pattern of all migrants and refugees and that is natural and good. I mean thats how most of us got here at some point in the past.

Theresa May stated at the start 2 red lines which personally I think were folly. Out of the single Market and out of the Customs Union. She may as well roll on her back and smile at the EU....
So now we have a Brexit so soft as to be worthless.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.