Car Break Ins off Northcote

8 posts
Haggis Burns
Options:
Share this post on:

Car Break Ins off Northcote

Postby Haggis Burns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:18 pm

We have just witnessed a car break in on Wakehurst Rd. Two masked men on a motor bike mounted the pavement right in front of us and smashed their way into a parked car. It was all over in seconds and they sped off. Presumably looking for valuables. When we continued our journey we noticed other cars had been broken into. It was 4pm and many school children were around wandering down the street with mobile phones in hand. It struck me they were also vulnerable to a snatch and go robbery by these men. Be careful what you leave in your car folks. Sorry to be posting something gloomy :-(
TheScotts
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Car Break Ins off Northcote

Postby TheScotts » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm

A car window was smashed on Webbs Road near Kelscott Rd at 4pm this afternoon. Be aware, i didn't see it happening but this is very real.
Del
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Del » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Well yes gloomy, but thank you for posting and making us aware!
We had our car stolen a month ago near Wandsworth Common.
Thieves are everywhere ....
sw11_
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sw11_ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm

The same thing happened outside Thomas’s on Broomwood Road today at 4pm. I think a lady had left a handbag in the car. Quite scary for all the kids pouring out of the school at the time.
Last edited by sw11_ on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrsOctober
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsOctober » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 pm

There have been several reports of moped gangs in the area. I saw one for myself in the summer on Leathwaite Rd; all dressed in black, no number plates, black ski masks. A few weeks ago a friend reported a moped gang scouring the streets outside the BTC prep schools at pick-up time, using torches to look into parked cars. It seems they struck tonight at 4pm unfazed by all the people around them. Please don't leave anything valuable in your car. Be self aware when walking around with your handbag or your mobile. Please be alert for the sound of a moped and please call the police if you see a moped rider with a mask, a pillion passenger with a mask or a moped without a number plate. They will almost definitely be up to no good.

juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm afraid when the crime stats come out, we will see that we are witnessing a surge in petty crime. Not much Police presence ergo deterrence, CCTV when available never acted upon and in the highly unlikely event of anyone being caught, very little in the way of sanction.

Not great.
forfun
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby forfun » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 am

I also witnessed a moped with two guys shining a torch into a car ,only a couple of days ago just off Nightingale lane which I thought was odd at the time . It was early evening-it appears they are operating everywhere. Definitely be careful :x
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:39 pm

From a friend's experience...

If you see 2 youngish lads on a moped - just be aware.

if you see two youngish lads on two mopeds one with a pillion passenger, travelling together - be even more aware.

If you see one moped with just the rider - relax!

The majority of scooters/mopeds on our roads are not carrying a passenger andare just people going about their business.

Most attacks rely on a pillion passenger to do the dirty act whilst the rider holds the moped ready for a quick getaway.

Just be aware and avoid if you can

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.