Home for Lego?

7 posts
FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

Home for Lego?

Postby FLH03 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Hello, my kids are (very sadly for me) past the Lego stage, I have two big storage tubs of all sorts of it which I would very much like to go somewhere where it can be played with and enjoyed all over again.

Any suggestions or ideas please - charities, play groups, hospitals, schools, centres, homes. Happy to drop it off somewhere locally.

There are lots of little bits so it would not be suitable for very small children.

Thank you
twomonkeys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Home for Lego?

Postby twomonkeys » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 pm

FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FLH03 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks so much for that suggestion, I have emailed them.
AideenPlayTherapist
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AideenPlayTherapist » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 pm

If that doesn't work out, it might also be worth getting in touch with Hestia. They run many Women's aid shelters (including one in wandsworth) and as far as I know (I could be wrong) they are happy to take donations of toys and clothes etc. Most women and children who arrive in the shelters have fled DV and aren't able to take much (if anything) with them. I'm sure lego would go down a treat with the children!
Scientist
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scientist » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 am

There must be several nursery schools - especially state - which would be glad to have them.

Bbkl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bbkl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:33 am

There is a local charity, SEN Talk, that offers Lego therapy to help with social skills in children with ASD, ADHD and other SEN. Perhaps they would be able to use it in their sessions (which are excellent!) http://fis.wandsworth.gov.uk/kb5/wandsw ... ZtZJQXWFeY
shaneleone
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby shaneleone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 am

A local state school, Fircroft Primary, is also looking for Lego donations for therapy play at the school. My kids go to fircroft and I live across the road so happy to help get them there if you're still looking for a home. Just email or send me a PM - thanks!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.