Is this BBC news reporter brain-dead?

3 posts
metoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Is this BBC news reporter brain-dead?

Postby metoo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am

Last night on the News at 10 the reporter was broadcasting from Mexico City. Behind him the volunteers had their hands raised asking for silence - his next statement beggars belief: 'they are raising hands asking for silence' - and I don't think he was being ironic.
Later, he stated he was reporting from 2 blocks away as they needed silence but there was still a call for silence from his location - which he was very obviously ignoring.
He was being so insensitive I felt distressed. Our need to feed on disasters is not that vital. He could have reported from further away. It was disgusting and the man is an idiot. I was so furious I actually complained on the BBC website - I have turned into a lampooned voice on 'Points of View'!
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Is this BBC news reporter brain-dead?

Postby tooposhtopush » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:52 am

I know!

I remember seeing footage of a cameraman once who was shot for filming - he was too busy filming soldiers shouting at him he didn't listen.

Sometimes they just forget...
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Is this BBC news reporter brain-dead?

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:29 pm

There is a certain "creation of drama" these days don't you think? The recent CNN coverage of Hurricane Irma comes to mind. There was a classic reportage where a presenter is dramatically demonstrating how difficult it was to stand up and talk in "80-100mph winds" whilst in the background.......................there were two cyclists happily pedaling alone with no obvious difficulty!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.