Fixtures and fittings - seller wants to take it all! (even a tree!)

5 posts
IndyB
Options:
Share this post on:

Fixtures and fittings - seller wants to take it all! (even a tree!)

Postby IndyB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:55 pm

We are looking to buy a house, and just got the fixtures and fittings report. The seller wants to take everything with them - including all whiteware (washing machine, fridge, wine fridge), curtains, curtain rails - and even a tree!

Should we attempt to negotiate any of this, or is this standard?

Should I confirm they'll leave the front door?!
Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Fixtures and fittings - seller wants to take it all! (even a tree!)

Postby Bodders1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 pm

I would say it is very standard to take your washing machine, curtains, curtain poles and fridge (unless it is a fully integrated fridge).
gail0810
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gail0810 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:27 am

Some people even take light bulbs and replace sockets/switches with cheaper ones!!! It sounds well within the realms of normal. Some sellers have even tried to sell me integrated appliances - even though realistically they couldn't be easily removed without wrecking the kitchen.

You could always ask about buying any items you were interested in - for a sensible price.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 am

I'd be a bit wary of "eccentric" or seemingly "penny-pinching" sellers as, in my experience they can be unpredictable...which is the last thing you need when all your plans and expenses are geared towards moving in to their house.

We put an offer in on a house to find they insisted on all fixtures (white goods , curtains, light fittings) not being included...fair enough but they list extended to two cheap filthy dustbins that should have been taken away with the rubbish! :o

We agreed amending the agreement so they left all the "curtains" behind - only to find that only one set of curtains were left because the rest were roman blinds which stated were not covered by the agreement as they were blinds not curtains! - We were going to chuck the damn things anyway and only needed them for privacy for a few months but the meanness of this was a warning.

Sure enough the seller pulled out two weeks before completion, leaving us with all the expense of surveys etc and put us back months in the moving process... :evil:

Unpredictability is bad enough but if they want to save a few pounds on fittings what would they do if someone made them a £1000 beter offer on the price? Guzump you? Why not if they're mean enough? Your time and money being not at all important to them.

Ideally a house sale is between tow reasonable and give-and-take parties - so be wary if it's not! :o
brihoney
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby brihoney » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:04 am

I know of one seller coming back 2 weeks after the sale to remove the metal house number from the door!

Our sellers were so sweet they left children's toys in the garden because we had a baby (including a sandpit and a paddling pool)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.