Dull question....

5 posts
AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Dull question....

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Sorry for the terribly dull Good Housekeeping style question :roll: but....

What spot cleaning carpet products would you recommend?

We have recently had new carpets fitted throughout our house and with 2 kids and a dog I'm already finding marks here and there. It's too soon to justify having them cleaned professionally so what does everyone use to combat mini carpet issues? (Dog and youngest child has thrown up on them already!)

Thanks
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Dull question....

Postby dudette » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 am

I think you should have them cleaned professionally! I'm yet to find any decent products for spot cleaning and if you try to get them out and fail they're likely to end up being permanent. Try Safeclean.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 am

Chem-Dry Stain Extinguisher - you can get it at John Lewis
misstemple
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby misstemple » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:17 pm

This is not a dull question!
In my experience (red wine spills at parties + coffee sludge from clearing out the nespresso + dog on heat + dog sick + dropped curry spoons + etc etc) the best product for spot cleaning is the Dr Beckmann carpet cleaning brush (attached to bottle of solution - google it). I bought it from my local dry cleaner but I see it's available from Waitrose and also espares, Wilko, ebay sellers...
So easy to use and super effective. You have just reminded me to buy some more as I gave my bottle to a couple sorting out their carpet for end of tenancy.
Good luck and more importantly try not to worry too much. Your eagle eye will see more than anyone else. It's really difficult having nice new things that get "used".
I'm sure you will have many happy years with this carpet, enjoy :)
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby parsleysong » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

I've recently used Asda brand carpet spot cleaner (black spray bottle with purple writing) to clean up a messy cat puke :x . It did a really good job despite my low expectations.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.