What is your FAVOURITE independent cafe in NappyValley? Let us know and we will visit the top 5 as suggested by you!

43 posts
admin (daniella)
Options:
Share this post on:

What is your FAVOURITE independent cafe in NappyValley? Let us know and we will visit the top 5 as suggested by you!

Postby admin (daniella) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello everyone,

The team at NappyValleyNet love a good brew and exploring the local cafes in the area.

Please tell us what your FAVOURITE independent cafe is in NappyValley. This could be because it's kiddy friendly, a great place to meet local parents, they serve amazing coffee or because of its wonderful atmosphere.

From the 1st of July, we will visit the top 5 favourite cafes throughout that week, as suggested by you!

Stay tuned to see our pics on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter and you could WIN a FREE coffee at one of the fabulous cafes in NappyValley.

https://www.facebook.com/nappyvalleynetwandsworth/

https://www.instagram.com/nappyvalleynet/

https://twitter.com/NappyValleyNet
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 11.54.38.png
outnumbered
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What is your FAVOURITE independent cafe in NappyValley? Let us know and we will visit the top 5 as suggested by you!

Postby outnumbered » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 pm

That's easy! For me it's Flotsam & Jetsam on Wiseton Road just off Bellevue Road and Wandsworth Common. Gorgeous atmosphere and interior, lovely staff, bright, fresh and never fails to deliver utterly delicious food and coffee. Love it! :D
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What is your FAVOURITE independent cafe in NappyValley? Let us know and we will visit the top 5 as suggested by you!

Postby Nims » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Tim's Kitchen on Battersea Rise is a lovely little independent cafe and very child friendly. The staff have helped me park the buggy in an appropriate place and they have a small selection of toys on a shelf to keep little ones entertained. Lovely little garden out the back too. It's like NappyValley's little secret. Nice selection of food and drink too and wireless internet for those who want to do a spot of work whilst having a coffee. I really hope the place thrives as it's more independents like these that we need in the area.

I do also love Al Gusto - they serve great coffees and food which you can eat al fresco in good weather like this.

Not quite a cafe, but my husband reckons that the Breadstall serve the best cappuccinos and he will always go out of his way to get one from there!
Last edited by Nims on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tooposhtopush » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Skylark

Ice cream in the summer, coffee in the winter and right next to a dog free zone - bliss
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Daniella, could you define exactly what area 'NappyValley' covers? Is it the whole of SW11, SW17, SW18? Otherwise you could get a range of answers here and it would be impossible to come up with a top 5?

KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatherineHepburn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Flotsam & Jetsam. Absolutely delicious food and great service.
Can get very busy at weekends but only because it is so lovely.

Can I add a second? If so then Al Gusto on Northcote Road for sheer loveliness.
foodeditorjo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby foodeditorjo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm

H Street Deli in Balham - lovely people, and the best latte in London! Very chilled, great brunch etc. Highly recommended.

Deelight Bakery on Ritherdon Road is also good although I find the staff less friendly and it's often too hectic at weekends. And last weekend the music was way too loud!
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:16 pm

I've just come back from yet another delicious lunch at Flotsam and Jetsam. I hesitate to vote for it as it's so popular it's always quite hard to get a table, but on the other hand if they do really well hopefully they'll open another branch and take the pressure off their existing site.

The food is great, the decor is nice, they give you water without you having to ask, the staff are super friendly.

I also like the French cafe on Webb's Road (no idea what it's called - everyone calls it the French cafe) - the staff there are very friendly too and they do the best pains au chocolat outside Aux Merveilleux.

I had a super delicious iced coffee at Milk in Balham recently, but it was a one-off as I don't live too near. Hopefully some Balhamites will be able to comment in more detail.

SomethingToSay
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SomethingToSay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Definitely Deli Boutique on Webbs Road. Amazing food and really friendly service. Good for prams too during the week.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

That's the one - Deli Boutique (rubbish name, good cafe!)
admin (daniella)
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby admin (daniella) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Nims,

NappyValley is an area that's growing, it used to be SW11 and it's now up to the river, down to Wimbledon across to Putney and over to Vauxhall

But we are not fussy - a great coffee is a great coffee : ) x
NYVANLON
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYVANLON » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Lavish Habit on Bedford Hill and I second H Street Deli on Hildreth :)

claphamama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claphamama » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Definitely Brickwood! And the one in clapham has a lovely back garden too!
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 pm

I'd like to add Tierra Verde on Webb's Road. Great place.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.