Midsummer Night's Dream - Clapham Omnibus

6 posts
2kids1dog1husband
Options:
Share this post on:

Midsummer Night's Dream - Clapham Omnibus

Postby 2kids1dog1husband » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi there,
I wanted to recommend A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Clapham Omnibus - It is great fun! I went on Saturday with my 10 year old daughter and we both loved it. I went being slightly wary of the idea of "immersive theatre" and came away thinking it was brilliant and different. It is a cross between theatre and a treasure hunt that takes you all over Clapham Old Town. It is only on until 30th June and slightly selfishly I would like it to be a success because I would like the theatre company to come back to Clapham with another production!!!!
Pretzelgirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Midsummer Night's Dream - Clapham Omnibus

Postby Pretzelgirl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 am

Absolutely second that. It's a brilliant play, a fun experience and just a great evening out.
Don't be put off by the 'immersive' bit - you inter-act as much as you like.
Good walking shoes recommended & take a bottle of water - you'll be sent on a 2h journey...
Get your ticket now! The play is on till 30.6. - mind those fairies!
Bunnypigeon1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bunnypigeon1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am

Sounds amazing.
What age group do you think it's appropriate for?
Pretzelgirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pretzelgirl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Going by the recommendation of 2kids... It should be suitable from age 10. It's in Shakespearean English, that's why it's probably not so suitable for much younger children. But the whole treasure hunt/ secret spy element will make it good fun for the slightly older ones..
Omn1bus1
Share this post on:
Location: 1 Clapham Common North Side, Clapham, London SW4 0QW

Postby Omn1bus1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello, we are delighted that you enjoyed the show and yes, watch this space for exciting developments next year.

It's really great to hear everyone's feedback and do let us know what kind of theatre you'd like to see more of in Clapham. Our new Autumn programme launches next month and we'll be bringing some great productions - new works, classics re-imagined and a fabulous Christmas show. Do check out what's on at www.omnibus-clapham.org. Anyone who can't make it to Edinburgh Fringe can see a great selection of 5 shows starting on the 21st July.

Many thanks. The Omnibus Team

Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Caferacer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 am

Hello all,

I went to see "A Midsummer Night's Dream" yesterday with my daughters (of 17 and 20) and their friend.

Despite the continuous sheeting rain it was an amazing , magical experience.

I would recommend dropping everything to go and see it as soon as you can,,,,last performance is this Friday 30th!!!

Hurry!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.