Man stabbed in buttocks in unprovoked Wandsworth knife attack

19 posts
admin (daniella)
Options:
Share this post on:

Man stabbed in buttocks in unprovoked Wandsworth knife attack

Postby admin (daniella) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:47 am

A man was stabbed in the buttocks in an unprovoked knife attack in Wandsworth.

Police are appealing for witnesses and information after the victim was chased and stabbed by a stranger while walking to a shop in Allfarthing Lane.

At about 11.10am on Saturday, April 8 the victim was walking to a local when he began to be followed by the suspect who was riding a mountain bike.

The suspect is described as a black man, aged in his late teens or early 20s, approximately 5ft 9ins tall and of average build. He was wearing a black coat with the hood up and was riding a mountain bike.

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... fe_attack/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 08.46.50.png
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Man stabbed in buttocks in unprovoked Wandsworth knife attack

Postby papinian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 pm

So a third serious stabbing in Earlsfield following two last month.

5.40pm outside Tesco Express:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/ea ... 99966.html

Outside the Earlsfield Pub:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/ea ... 81536.html

When some of us commented after that first incident that it was a reflection of the way Earlsfield's demographics are becoming less family friendly, Annabel decided that isn't something anyone should be talking about on here. :roll:

I'm not surprised that property prices in Earlsfield have been falling. I think people are realising that a Carluccios and a few "yummy mummy" shops doesn't mean that it's a safe place to raise children.

A reminder of how much funding for policing in London has been cut by the current government in order to divert funds to "ordinary working people" in the north of England, i.e. white working class English.
http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... l_account/
For every £3 in tax paid in London we only get back £2.

After targeting our police the government is now going after our schools - savagely cutting the amount that they receive in order to give more funding to schools in the most backward parts of England, i.e. penalising success in order to subsidise failure.
TCEarlsfield
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TCEarlsfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Do you have stats on the falling Earlsfield house prices Papinian? That is not our experience at all.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 pm

TCEarlsfield wrote:Do you have stats on the falling Earlsfield house prices Papinian? That is not our experience at all.
Zoopla shows a fall over the past 12 months:
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/earlsfield/
TCEarlsfield
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TCEarlsfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Shows a rise over 3 months or 5 years. And a larger decrease in Battersea prices. Just proves what they say about stats I guess!

papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:28 pm

TCEarlsfield wrote:Shows a rise over 3 months or 5 years. Just proves what they say about stats I guess!
You asked for evidence of falling house prices in Earlsfield and I provided evidence of a fall over the past 12 months.

3 months change: Most people are familiar with the concept of seasonal variation in house prices. It's meaningless to look at the past three months data because (i) it reflects seasonality as much as underlying trend and (ii) a sample size of just 3 months' worth of sales is too small to be representative.

5 years change: Is there anywhere in the whole of the south of England that hasn't show a house price increase over 5 years?
TCEarlsfield
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TCEarlsfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:56 pm

I think you are being misleading, and a 1% drop in house prices in 12 months is not an indication that people are realising it is not a safe place to raise children.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:42 pm

TCEarlsfield wrote:I think you are being misleading, and a 1% drop in house prices in 12 months is not an indication that people are realising it is not a safe place to raise children.
I think you have having the wrong conversation. You should be asking why there are so many random/public serious stabbings in Earlsfield in such a short space of time. If I lived in the area I would be on the phone to my local councillors to urge them to try to reduce the level of street violence. Certainly, anyone with children considering moving to the area should give serious thought to their children's safety.
liverbird in london
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby liverbird in london » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:47 pm

There is no correlation between a drop in house prices and a sudden surge in crime in Earlsfield. According to Papinian's Zoopla source - house prices have fallen even more sharply in Balham (-2.43%) and in Wimbledon (-2.88%). It would be farcical to think these decreases are because such areas have become "crime hotspots" in the past 12 months.

That's not to say that violent crimes like those highlighted aren't concerning, but it is too simplistic, and frankly incorrect, to tie them into falling property prices.

TCEarlsfield
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TCEarlsfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:54 pm

I think the key word in your previous post is random. That's what these three attacks appear to be.

Of course I am worried about violent crime on our streets, but I have never felt anything less than safe in Earlsfield, and I have certainly never had cause to be worried for my children's safety.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

liverbird in london wrote:There is no correlation between a drop in house prices and a sudden surge in crime in Earlsfield. According to Papinian's Zoopla source - house prices have fallen even more sharply in Balham (-2.43%) and in Wimbledon (-2.88%). It would be farcical to think these decreases are because such areas have become "crime hotspots" in the past 12 months.

That's not to say that violent crimes like those highlighted aren't concerning, but it is too simplistic, and frankly incorrect, to tie them into falling property prices.
You're not comparing like with like in comparing Earlsfield with more affluent and expensive areas such as Balham and Wimbledon.

Obviously, the tragic events of the past few weeks haven't impacted on house prices yet. However, they come after a a spate of stabbings in Earlsfield during last year, including one last September outside Sainsburys
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news ... andsworth/

I'm not going to comment on demographic groups involved as Annabel has made it clear that talking about these issues is verboten on this site, but if you read the articles in the Wandsworth Guardian you can see for yourself. Melanie Phillips has an excellent article in today's Times about the need to end the political correctness which is killing London's young people and get this under control now:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-b ... -krwkcsx9h
liverbird in london
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby liverbird in london » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

I wasn't comparing Earlsfield with Balham / Wimbledon, I was using them as examples of two different locations that have seen house prices fall over the past 12 months and stating that such fluctuation has nothing to do with crime statistics, which is what you were inferring in your original comment.

Furthermore, the attack outside the large Sainsbury's on Garrett Road that you refer to below is most definitely in Wandsworth not Earlsfield.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:33 am

liverbird in london wrote:Furthermore, the attack outside the large Sainsbury's on Garrett Road that you refer to below is most definitely in Wandsworth not Earlsfield.
It's Garrett Lane, not Garrett Road. The headline in the Wandsworth Guardian is
Teenage boy in critical condition after being stabbed outside Sainsbury's in Garratt Lane, Earlsfield
http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... andsworth/

I have more faith in our local newspaper's view of which locations are in which area than I do in a poster who doesn't know the correct name for Earlsfield's main thoroughfare.

lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lemonzest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 am

It's Garratt Lane, not Garrett Lane, Papinian.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 am

Well you have done it again papinian!

In your own neignbourhood of Tooting Bec prices have fallen over the last 12 months by an almost identical amount according to the Zoopla source you quoted:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/tooting/

Even more recently than the "Earlsfield" incident (last Sunday 23rd April) this happen on your own doorstep in Tooting Bec papinian...

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... n_Tooting/

Given your statement
papinian wrote: You should be asking why there are so many random/public serious stabbings in Earlsfield in such a short space of time. If I lived in the area I would be on the phone to my local councillors to urge them to try to reduce the level of street violence. Certainly, anyone with children considering moving to the area should give serious thought to their children's safety.
I hope you are taking your own advice and asking "why there are so many random/public serious stabbings (and murders by stabbing to boot)) in Tooting Bec" and getting on that phone as Tooting Bec is obviously much worse with regards to street violence.!

This especially urgent following the Tooting Bec murder in Drakefield Road this January... No wonder (by your own impeccable logic) house prices in Tooting Bec are taking a nosedive because your neighbours are in a permanent state of fear!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.