Please join the March for Europe today - Brexit can and should be stopped

10 posts
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Please join the March for Europe today - Brexit can and should be stopped

Postby GuyD73 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:44 am

Despite the likely triggering of Article 50 next week, there are many of us who believe Brexit can, and should, be stopped. We will now have a long period of negotiation before Parliament will again have their say and we know that May, Davis et al have no contingency plan in the event of 'no deal'. Who's to say how the country will feel once we know exactly what the 'deal' is?
This march is one of the few ways we have to let Theresa May know we will fight her all the way. Many, like me, are now ashamed to have voted tory and allowed this to happen. Richmond recently overturned a significant tory majority and now has a Lib-dem MP. I believe the same can be achieved in Wandsworth/Battersea at the next General Election to overturn Jane Ellison's majority. She clearly thought Brexit a bad idea, yet has failed to vote with her conscience, favouring her job and her party over the country and I'm disgusted with her.
My partner was concerned last time I went on a march with our two young children but it was fine. If anyone else has similar concerns and would like to go as part of a group, then please give me a shout (07810 753 815), we'll be leaving Clapham Junction at about 11. It is, in fact, precisely owing to the freedoms of said young children being threatened, that we'll be making our voice heard today.

An apt point from Alastair Campbell in the article below.
We may fail, but at least let’s make sure we can look our children and grandchildren in the eye in years to come, and say with honesty that we did our best to save the country from calamity and decline.

I want to be able to tell my kids in years to come that I/we did everything we could. Please join us and #Resist!

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-sto ... _1_4947228
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Please join the March for Europe today - Brexit can and should be stopped

Postby windmill26 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:22 am

We are going!
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GuyD73 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:58 am

Great, still plenty of time to get there everyone, we're just approaching Trafalgar Square. Lovely day for it!
Conan the Londoner
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Conan the Londoner » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Nah, I'm delighted to be leaving the EU. My forefathers didn't fight for my freedom just so that I could give it away to the likes of Junkers, Tusk and Guy Verhofstadt.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear da lamentations of da Wimmin.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:09 pm

I have a feeling that Junkers, Tusk and Verhofstadt are delighted to see us go. Now they can press on with their Federalist vision that the U.K. was never going to accept. My view on this is demonstrated by how quickly Junkers announced the next steps in an EU army riding roughshod over the constitutions of member states like Sweden and Republic of Ireland (apparently Eire is offensive - who knew?).

Conan the Londoner
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Conan the Londoner » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:17 pm

juliantenniscoach wrote:I have a feeling that Junkers, Tusk and Verhofstadt are delighted to see us go. Now they can press on with their Federalist vision that the U.K. was never going to accept. My view on this is demonstrated by how quickly Junkers announced the next steps in an EU army riding roughshod over the constitutions of member states like Sweden and Republic of Ireland (apparently Eire is offensive - who knew?).
Oh they never gave a rats bottom about the British, they only wanted our money and our young mens sacrifice. They've never forgiven us saving them from the Germans..Twice. Eire is only offensive to sort of people who think Sombreros are cultural appropriation.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear da lamentations of da Wimmin.
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GuyD73 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:39 pm

How was your day Windmill26? I could really feel the strength of the positive, fighting spirit that we will need to sustain in the months ahead to overturn the lunacy that is Brexit, the atmosphere was amazing and it has restored my optimism that we can beat this. It may take a few years but in the end, openness, sanity and tolerance will prevail. We need to stay strong, organise, keep fighting, change this government. Richmond recently overturned a significant tory majority, returning a libdem candidate and Wandsworth can do the same at the next GE. I am going to make it my mission to galvanise libdem support in this constituency and overturn Jane Ellison's majority. I hope a few other remainers will also not give up and continue the fight.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi GUYD73,We had a great day! Our 10 years old said that it was better than he expected and hopefully he understood that you have to speak up if you don't agree! Lib Dem will have our vote at the next GE.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 am

As a Remainer myself I can understand people flocking to the Lib Dems as a lifebelt to cling on to once the Remain ship went down but;

Lib Dem leader Tim Farron said on Saturday night that he would be “clear and unequivocal” with voters that if elected it would set aside the referendum result and keep Britain in the EU.

"Set aside" the democratic referendum?

Surely for shame they have to drop the "Democratic" from their title and call themselves the "Liberals"???

I can see they are desperate for power after nearly being wiped out over their coalition performance...who can forget their approval of University Fees despite a solid pledge and promise against it?

temptingfate331
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby temptingfate331 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Was so disappointed to miss this! Hope it went well.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.