Type of shoes for nursery school?

9 posts
Babber
Options:
Share this post on:

Type of shoes for nursery school?

Postby Babber » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:28 am

Hello! My little 2 year old daughter is starting nursery and I am wondering what type of shoes to get her. I know Clarks shoes are very good, but I am aiming to spend under £20 if possible as my little one grows like a weed and she will need a new pair soon! The nursery said there are good wipe-clean shoes but they aren't sure of the brand. There is a lot of messy play at the nursery so I want to get her shoes that we can wash or don't mind getting ruined! Thanks very much!
Babber
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Type of shoes for nursery school?

Postby Babber » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Okay thanks, Petal. This is helpful!
popmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby popmama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:33 am

At that age my children only had one pair of shoes that they wore to nursery and everywhere else. I think at that age it is important to get a good pair of well fitting shoes. As you said they grow so fast it is not really worth buying lots of pairs. If I remember rightly they often took there shoes off when inside and only wore the shoe in the outside areas. :D
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:13 pm

I go for dark colours if having one pair for home/ nursery so that any stains don't show. So no pale pink shoes! For the summer I found that Clarks canvas machine washable shoes (e.g. Doodles range) worked well last year but I chose a navy blue pattern for the nursery pair and kept a pink pair for 'best' that didn't go to nursery.
Babber
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Babber » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank you everyone! I do agree that dark colours work best for messy play :D

szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szerma » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 pm

I spent a lot of money on Clarks shoes before, only to watch my daughter to grow out of them in what seemed like days. Bought some shoes from Asda, but best buy so far has been Tesco trainers at £8, ones with Velcro. Yes they are white and get scuffed a bit but she is happy in them. You can order them online to deliver free to your nearest Tesco. I ordered two sizes just in case and she is still wearing the first one, will move her up to the next one soon.
phigoldenspiral
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby phigoldenspiral » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Start rite or Pediped or Geox. Dark colours. Preferably soft leather. Honestly it is a false economy buying cheap supermarket shoes because they are not good for foot formation at a major development stage. I normally get a good pair on sale because £40 is too much. Often buy a size in advance (having measured width in advance of course). But shops normally have some on sale if you are not too precious on a specific style or colour. We do buy Asda or Sainsburys rubbishy plastic/synthetic sandals for beach holidays and such as they wont get worn as much and they are great value. But not to be worn constantly for months.
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szerma » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Here are some suggestions from the Independent. As you can see, lots of supermarket brands on there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/ind ... 1.html?amp

And another explanation why it is the style of show that matters and not the brand you buy:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... 780722.amp

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.