No confidence petition for Theresa May

7 posts
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

No confidence petition for Theresa May

Postby GuyD73 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Theresa May's performance as PM has been inept, shambolic and embarrassing - broken manifesto promises, U-turns, no proper plan, MPs calling it 'dereliction of duty' - Please sign the petition and share it on your social media networks. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178761 and have a lovely weekend all :) x
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: No confidence petition for Theresa May

Postby windmill26 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Done! Thank you for posting. While we are talking about petitions ,this is the link for a petition about George Osborne and his new job as the editor of the Evening Standard https://link.38degrees.org.uk/georgc17.
George Osborne’s got a new job - editor of the London Evening Standard newspaper. But he’s keeping his full-time job as an MP too. [1] Diana, who lives in George Osborne’s constituency, doesn’t think someone who’s in the government should control the news too. So Diana’s started a petition on the 38 Degrees website telling George Osborne to pick.
denshort
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denshort » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:50 am

I agree she's awful but there isn't a real alternative!?
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Is this the right place for political campaigning?, sharing views, yes, but campaigning. I don't think so.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:05 pm

rooting4tooting I hardly would call this political campaigning! If you are happy with how Mrs May is doing her job,good for you and you don't have to sign any petition or even read and reply to any political posts! I am glad for this forum and the diverse topics that it covers.I don't care for a lot of posts so I don't bother to read or reply to the ones that don't interest me .

Wheresmyschool?
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wheresmyschool? » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:38 pm

I agree!

Politely!
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GuyD73 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks Windmill, true, it isn't political campaigning at all. RootingforTooting, I'd completely agree this isn't the place for party political campaigning but issues like Brexit and the competency of government in delivering this seismic change to our country go well beyond that. I'm ashamed now to say I voted for Jane Ellison in 2015, helped precipitate this appalling situation and feel pretty guilty for doing so. Denshort, you're right too, the cabinet is stuffed with inept morons, witness David Davis' recent admission that he had absolutely no analysis on the impact to the economy of 'no deal' and that more or less sums it up, however, I think as an expression of public opinion, all these things are worth doing, like marching next weekend for example and I hope the effect will be cumulative. All these things can contribute to letting Mrs May know we're not happy with the direction she's taking

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.