Homepath recommendation?

26 posts
oab
Options:
Share this post on:

Homepath recommendation?

Postby oab » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:03 am

Hello,
Can anyone recommend a homeopath (ideally around northcote rd/Clapham junction)?
Some who can treat children too, as my little one has been getting lots of recurrent colds this year.

thank you!
Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Homepath recommendation?

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 am

I believe ASDA sells smarties
fionapm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby fionapm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:08 am

PilatesQueen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby PilatesQueen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 am

Hi there,

Why the two posters above had to post such unhelpful messages I do not know. The poster asked for a homeopath recommendation - not unhelpful comments from people who do not understand the practice of homeopathy and how it works!

So, I would highly recommend these two homeopaths:

Catie Sharples http://www.catiesharples.com - Catie is in Berks an hour outside London, however she offers appointments using Skype if you can't meet face-face. I have used Catie for over 15 years, for both myself and my children, and cannot rate her more highly.

If you'd like someone more local, I have also used Barbara Geraghty in Wimbledon who is very good too. http://www.barbarageraghty.co.uk

DM me if you'd like more info on my experience of these homeopaths and how they have hugely helped my family.
Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:46 am

PilatesQueen wrote:Hi there,

Why the two posters above had to post such unhelpful messages I do not know. The poster asked for a homeopath recommendation - not unhelpful comments from people who do not understand the practice of homeopathy and how it works!

So, I would highly recommend these two homeopaths:

Catie Sharples http://www.catiesharples.com - Catie is in Berks an hour outside London, however she offers appointments using Skype if you can't meet face-face. I have used Catie for over 15 years, for both myself and my children, and cannot rate her more highly.

If you'd like someone more local, I have also used Barbara Geraghty in Wimbledon who is very good too. http://www.barbarageraghty.co.uk

DM me if you'd like more info on my experience of these homeopaths and how they have hugely helped my family.
perhaps if you understood the manufacturing *impossibility* of C30 and L30 dilutions you'd understand why.

it is not opinion, but literal scientific *fact* that these pills are just sugar.

homeopathy has zero clinical efficacy, zero. What it is, at best, is an expensive placebo effect.

PilatesQueen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby PilatesQueen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:20 am

You clearly have no personal experience of homeopathy, Scott. We have used homeopathy to cure our children of all sorts of unfortunate things which our GP was unable to help with, such as molluscum, cold sores, eczema, a lingering Flu last year and numerous other ailments and illnesses over the years. We have also experience of our babies having been cured of various ailments using homeopathy... the placebo effect clearly would not come into effect with babies!

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on homeopathy, but the poster has asked for homeopath recommendations not unhelpful information about buying smarties in Asda!
fionapm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby fionapm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:34 am

PilatesQueen, it is not our "opinion" it is a fact. Scientifically proven again and again. The National Health and Medical Research Council in Australia and the FDA in America have both made announcements on this recently. In fact, the FDA will soon require that will require that homeopathic products include statements that:
•There is no scientific evidence backing homeopathic health claims
•Homeopathic claims are based only on theories from the 1700s that are not accepted by modern medical experts.

Homeopathy does absolutely nothing, and no matter how much you tell yourself it cured your family of molloscum, etc., it did not, and could not have. Drinking plain tap water does the exact same thing.

If someone is sick, they need a doctor. Not a quack peddling sugar pills.
Beketaten
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beketaten » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 am

Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 am

PilatesQueen wrote:You clearly have no personal experience of homeopathy, Scott. We have used homeopathy to cure our children of all sorts of unfortunate things which our GP was unable to help with, such as molluscum, cold sores, eczema, a lingering Flu last year and numerous other ailments and illnesses over the years. We have also experience of our babies having been cured of various ailments using homeopathy... the placebo effect clearly would not come into effect with babies!

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on homeopathy, but the poster has asked for homeopath recommendations not unhelpful information about buying smarties in Asda!
your heuristic (or hubristic ;) ) of interpreted personal experience is no substitute for scientific fact.

put another way, how you feel does not alter the chemical composition of a pill that does not contain what it says it does. the manufacturing processes do not exist to create those concentrations.

if it cannot be manufactured, then you do not have it . if you do not have it, then *it* doesn't "work".

I know you aren't really interested, but you are also not the audience for my comments:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/homeop ... particles/

"However, thanks to some basic laws of physics and chemistry and a little thing known as Avogadro’s number, any homeopathic dilution greater than 12C (twelve serial 100-fold dilutions) is incredibly unlikely to contain even a single molecule of starting compound."

let me spell that out for you: not one molecule.

not one molecule.

which leads on the other question of what have you been feeding the kids (answer: no one, including you, knows), but that's for another discussion.

a few other articles if anyone is interested

https://inscientioveritas.org/homeopath ... existence/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... c-medicine

I liked this quote, that ought to stir even the most irrational of minds:

"In fact, most available treatments are sold at even more absurd dilutions. Oscillococcinum, a popular flu remedy derived from duck liver and made by Boiron, a French manufacturer of homeopathic cures, comes in a standard dilution of 400X.
At this low concentration, to ensure you actually did ingest one molecule you would have to swallow about 10 to power 380 pills—many, many more pills than there are atoms in the universe.
"

addled
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby addled » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 am

PilatesQueen wrote:You clearly have no personal experience of homeopathy, Scott. We have used homeopathy to cure our children of all sorts of unfortunate things which our GP was unable to help with, such as molluscum, cold sores, eczema, a lingering Flu last year and numerous other ailments and illnesses over the years. We have also experience of our babies having been cured of various ailments using homeopathy... the placebo effect clearly would not come into effect with babies!

It was quite helpful info about buuing smarties. Let me guess; did the lingering flu dissappear all spring and summer only to return in winter?

James Randi put up a million dollars in cash to anyone that could prove homeopathy works. The prize went unclaimed for years. He also has a similar prize for paranormal/psychics. Have a guess how many times that's been claimed. Not even Uri Geller. It's fraud and quackery.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:02 am

I agree that homeopathy is a load of old nonsense. However, the placebo effect is extremely powerful, to the extent that it sometimes works even when people know they're taking a placebo. So even though homeopathy doesn't work for the reasons that homeopaths say, it could well be seen to be working by people who take it. But apparently orange smarties are a powerful cure-all so maybe you should take those and save yourself the cost of a trip to the homeopath.... ;)
PilatesQueen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby PilatesQueen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:05 am

Wow, you clearly have a lot of time on your hands, Scott!

Homeopathy works extremely effectively for us, where our GP has been unable to help us. That is all that matters to me. The pills do not contain sugar and nothing else, since they have proven time and again to work for us, as I said before. Healthy and happy children = happy parents.

Thank you anyway for your comments and I wish you a good week.
babyosteo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby babyosteo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:12 am

Claire Zarb in Streatham is fantastic. She has really helped both my children, (and me!). She is a very careful and thoughtful prescriber and good at getting to the bottom of things.

KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 am

Neal's Yard on Northcote Road have a few homeopaths. Definitely worth popping in.
Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 am

PilatesQueen wrote:The pills do not contain sugar and nothing else, since they have proven time and again to work for us, as I said before. Healthy and happy children = happy parents.
Wow.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.