Local entrepreneur groups?

10 posts
entreprenew
Options:
Share this post on:

Local entrepreneur groups?

Postby entreprenew » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello neighbours

In the past month I've given up my successful career in entertainment to start my own business :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was self employed at a young age 10 years ago in the Cotswolds, and was since gainfully employed for 7 years.

Does anyone know of any local entrepreneur meet ups, or groups where I can meet similar people in my position, perhaps also starting up in the first year of business? Or even fellow local working from home types who might benefit from a coffee and a conversation that isn't with the dog?

I'm still focusing in entertainment and ticketing with my new business, but I'd be very happy to meet people from any field, and local entrepreneurs that might be interested in mentoring.

Thank you
Bluebird27
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Local entrepreneur groups?

Postby Bluebird27 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi entreprenew!!

I too am interested in starting my own business and would be very interested in knowing if you had any luck in finding any entrepreneur groups or meet ups?

There must be loads of mums who have started their own businesses in the neighbourhood.

Would love to find out if there was some sort of local support network around here for enterprising mums (and dads :)
walesdavies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby walesdavies » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi, I am a member of a lovely local group called Wandsworth Women in Business. We have a private facebook group where we post our queries & questions and regular meet ups. We are going to be meeting up soon so let me know if interested & I can add you to the group. My email is rdsociable@gmail.com
melissa.english1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby melissa.english1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 am

I'm also in the process of starting my own business so would be very keen to know about local women in the same boat.
AbundantGoddess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbundantGoddess » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hi - I have my own business, have gone through the process, and just about now on top, and I am always happy to share what I've learnt and would love to meet others interested in taking this amazing journey. Happy to meet for a cup of tea katesurgey@hotmail.com x

Nicnoc85
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nicnoc85 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am

Hi, I am just in the process of setting up my own small business and would love to meet up and join your group! My email address is nicky@mamacan.co.uk
jackwghughes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jackwghughes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello,

I am on a month of paid leave and I'm offering free advice for startups and new businesses. I'm a management consultant and have two successful businesses myself. I'm connected with a number of startups and I'd be happy to meet and run help out where possible. I'm also currently helping a number of other startups ranging from an electric skateboard and scooter company.... to a fashion brand.... to a tech startup aiming to revolutionise the way you access your information online.

The sort of things I have been helping with:

- Initial Company Setup
- Website Advice
- Business Plans
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Strategy
- Technical Roadmaps
- Tools and automation to make things easier

I'm not trying to sell anything here. But I'd just really love to help out some more local businesses. On Thursday I am off to Bristol. :shock:

If you were to set up an Entrepreneurs group in the area I am sure I could arrange for a few seasoned Entrepreneurs to come along and give a talk.

Anyway if you are interested in some of the above advice.... I can be contacted at jack@lucidminds.co.uk.

Thanks,

Jack
jo@peirse.com
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jo@peirse.com » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello, I'm a member of The DecorCafe Network which has a fantastic HomeBiz Club, a collaborative community of individuals who are running or thinking of starting up their own home business. I find it really good for for ongoing inspiration, support and fantastic contacts and it has been so helpful for me to meet other people starting up their own business on a regular basis. The DecorCafe is based in Putney but not limited to this area, members at the events seem to be from all areas of South West. Do have a look at their website www.thedecorcafe.com and if any questions do call Debbie or Emma, who run the network, they are incredible knowledgeable, kind and supportive.
steffij1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby steffij1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 am

I would be interested too, the dog and I are getting fed up with each other's conversation! ;)

jennia
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jennia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello,

Thought you might be interested in Wandsworth Enterprise Week, which takes place 6-11 March, and will feature over 20 events - workshops, 1-1 advice clinics, masterclasses, Q&A sessions taking place across the borough. All events are free and aimed at pre starts, star ups as well as existing businesses.

Highlights include the Virgin StartUp masterclass, women's enterprise day and the Wandsworth Business Forum. http://wandsworthenterpriseweek.biz/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.