The Chicken Shop!

14 posts
Muddlemoo
Options:
Share this post on:

The Chicken Shop!

Postby Muddlemoo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:54 pm

i heard today that Northcote Pattisserie is becoming The Chicken Shop which for anybody who has been to the one in tooting is great news.

http://www.chickenshop.com/en

Although sad that another independent is closing down.

x
jomi273
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Chicken Shop!

Postby jomi273 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 am

Don't panic! It's part of Soho House group and fab.....and no apologies if I Am not being a snob, I do love KFC but was somewhat put off by the researched link between hormone injections into those juicy thighs and the larger thighed ladies of the USA....
Can't wait for The Chicken Shop, maybe we will finally get our own branch SW version of Soho House following on behind!
ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ally30_1998 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 am

Oh no, that's terrible news!
Another flippin chain restaurant, just what we need..sigh.
Real shame about Northcote Patisserie, they did the best made to order cakes and at reasonable prices.
BALLANTINE
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BALLANTINE » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Northcote Patisserie at 148 Northcote Road decided not to renew the lease and the shop is under offer to a chicken rotisserie business which has two other units in south west London. It is not a large chain (yet!).

Other new lettings ....... Mamas and Papas opening at 144 Northcote Road (formerly Aspace) and Paperchase at 62 Northcote Road (formerly pharmacy).
legs11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby legs11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 am

Northcote patisserie didn't renew as the landlord was demanding a substantial rent increase. Very sad for Manuel and Kim

zaza107
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby zaza107 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:17 am

It's very sad that the patisserie is closing. We were in there last week and spoke with Kim. They will still be doing cakes if anyone's interested. I have the contact details at home and will try to post them later.
ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ally30_1998 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:31 am

Great to hear they will still do cakes.
Beketaten
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beketaten » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 am

I do like Paperchase, but there's already one in the station! Shame it couldn't be something different.
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:07 am

There seem to be quite a few closures at the moment.

I see Capsticks (in its new location on the east side of Ncote) is now closing. And The Uncommon Touch (curtain place near SDS) is closed. And Carey B Antiques is closing down too. All of these have been around for many years.

Anyone know what is coming? (Jonathan?)

BALLANTINE
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BALLANTINE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Turquoise Travel are expanding into Carey B Antiques
mattw
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mattw » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Rumours are wrong. Park Road Kitchen have taken over the premises of the former Northcote Patisserie. A great little company and good for Northcote. Nothing to do with Soho House.
Lots afoot on Northcote. Change is good and expected from a successful London street. The new wine bar Vagabond is excellent. The former Uncommon Touch will be improved significantly. An eastern Med eatery, Wild Caper, next to Franco Manca to open soon. It's a far from a gloomy story on Northcote...
BALLANTINE
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BALLANTINE » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Agreed - Northcote Road is thriving. Unfortunately some occupiers will not be able to afford the rent as it increases but that is the way the demand/supply of any market works. I wish the Park Kitchen chicken restaurant all the best and i am sure they will be a popular addition to the road.
seabel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby seabel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:44 am

I live near the original Park Road Kitchen here in Battersea Park. Yes it does Rotisserie chicken (although not free range which I struggle with, they say it isn't cost effective) but it does loads of other things too. Other meats and wonderful salads and sweet things. I am sure they will do well on Northcote.

sidneyw
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sidneyw » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:12 pm

i live near that Battersea chicken place too. absolutely love it. the salads and the pecan pie are as good as the rotisserie-d chicken. also, very friendly people in there. lucky northcote road.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.