Watch out when entering your pin

4 posts
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Watch out when entering your pin

Postby luckymummy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Did you see this on the BBC news about a scam in Balham, poor lady who had all her money stolen. It is a lesson to us all to cover our PIN numbers when plugging them in anywhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36824607
judiblackstone
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Watch out when entering your pin

Postby judiblackstone » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:06 am

Waitrose in Balham seems to be a magnet for thieves. There have been at least 3 incidents there over the past few months. I had my purse stolen from my bag there some time ago in a very slick operation with the robber escaping on a motor bike. Please be extra vigilant and aware of who is around you, I learned the hard way. Maybe Waitrose should increase their security.
judiblackstone
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby judiblackstone » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 am

Waitrose in Balham seems to be a magnet for thieves. There have been at least 3 incidents there over the past few months. I had my purse stolen from my bag there some time ago in a very slick operation with the robber escaping on a motor bike. Please be extra vigilant and aware of who is around you, I learned the hard way. Maybe Waitrose should increase their security.
Aiming 4 good enough
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Aiming 4 good enough » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:03 am

I also had my purse stolen yesterday at the same branch. The thieves managed to take £500 out of my account from two different cash points before I managed to cancel my bank cards (and I called the lost and stolen card number from the shop within 15 minutes or so of the theft happening, so they moved incredibly fast). So cover your PIN when you are entering it in the keypad at the checkouts. I have to say that the staff at Waitrose were excellent, and could not have been kinder or more efficient when it happened (especially the security guard and the store duty manager). The Met Police have also been very good.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.