Maternity nanny/nurse course advice

4 posts
tatabella
Options:
Share this post on:

Maternity nanny/nurse course advice

Postby tatabella » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:48 am

hello

I am a nanny with 20 years experience looking after children.
I adore children and I would like to take on a maternity nanny course in London. Can anybody recommend a maternity nanny course? Should I go for a non-medical one or not? I already implement some of these required responsibilities as part of my job, I'd love to further my childcare knowledge through a recognized/accredited course.

Any advice is most appreciated!

Thank you
momof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Maternity nanny/nurse course advice

Postby momof3 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:55 am

Hi

have you looked into NEST
http://www.newborneducation.co.uk
with our first born, after the MN left i felt i needed more help and was introduced to Liz whom was running the educational division we ended placing a beginner MN for reduced price she had a way of learning in a job and we ended up placing her for 5months worked out fantastic both ways

Good Luck
tatabella
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tatabella » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:53 am

Hi momof3

I have just had a look at their website. I think I'd rather take a course with them instead of going with an agency. Great! Thank you so much for you advice!

Have a good day
momof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby momof3 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Good!!
if Liz is still here please send her my regards (ursula) also she started an agency as her vision was educating all these wonderful ladies and agencies take the, instead now she can help them with placements
What I liked was the option of someone less experienced that was eager to learn coming into our house but also at a bit of a reduced rate, the girl we placed with us traveled with us / so easy going and she learned and continued after with many other families

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.