The Tonsleys/Wandsworth Town Station

3 posts
alb1985
Options:
Share this post on:

The Tonsleys/Wandsworth Town Station

Postby alb1985 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello

We are looking to move to the Tonsleys near Wandsworth Town Station and would be grateful on your thoughts good and bad on the area. For example, how bad is it to get on the train from Wandsworth Town Station to Waterloo in the morning (btw 7.30-8.15am)? Does the area have a good community feel for mums? Where do you walk your dogs?

Thanks!
Kjam143
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Tonsleys/Wandsworth Town Station

Postby Kjam143 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:21 pm

We live in the Tonsleys.

Train station is generally fine as long as you get to the station before 8ish, much after 8 the trains get very busy and you might even find a few go through without being able to get on.
If there is a major issue with the trains on a particular morning due to an incident or something you can get to Clapham Junction fairly quickly as an alternative.

There are loads of playgroups and toddler classes etc.

Really convenient for Southside shopping centre which isn't amazing but has all the essentials.

We don't have a dog but there is Spencer Park not that far away.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help if I can.
zan20
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Tonsleys/Wandsworth Town Station

Postby zan20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:46 pm

I used to live in the area and there's a lot going on for pre-school children in terms of classes and playgroups - probably older children too but we moved before that stage. As the previous poster said the station gets really busy after 8 am until about 8.45 am so you may be better off going to Clapham Junction or going before or after the really busy time.

If you are planning on sending your children to state primary you need to be careful on exactly where you move as the catchments are small and St Faiths in the Tonsleys is a C of E school that has become much more popular in recent years and the Tonsleys is maybe too far for Allfarthing.

One thing I have noticed having moved is that Wandsworth Town doesn't have an obvious centre rather it has multiple places people go eg Old York Rd, South side, St John's Hill so I find I bump into people more where we live now as there is just the one town centre - but this could be a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

Don't have a dog but our neighbours used to go to the Spencer Park bit of Wandsworth Common or the main common.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.