where can I try out car seats in my car?

5 posts
Bobby
Options:
Share this post on:

where can I try out car seats in my car?

Postby Bobby » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 am

Hello all,

I need to move my child in to a high backed booster and want to try some out in my car to see
a) how securely they fit in to the car, and
b) how comfortable my child is in it
- plus I'd like the place to be able to give me informed advice about which seat to get.

Where do you all go for to get this sort of help / where is a good place to go this that isn't miles away? (I know the Car Seat Safety Centre in Milton keynes is good, but don't really want to go there if I don't have to!)

Also, have any of you had any of the following seats that I'm considering - any good/bad things to say about them?
Britx kidfix xp sict
Cybex solution q2-fix
Recaro monza nova 2 seat fix

Thanks very much!
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: where can I try out car seats in my car?

Postby NYE31 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 am

Try Halfords
Bobby
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bobby » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:41 am

Thanks - are there any particular branches you rate where the staff know what they are talking about? Have had bad experiences with Mothercare who didn't seem to know much, but have never tried halfords before.
Bobby
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bobby » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks. We have a golf with Isofix, but with unusual shaped seats due to the trim/finish or something (nothing to do with me.... Husbands choice!). They are slightly buckety even in the back and we've had problems before with maxi cosi saying a particular seat should fit, but it just didn't! Hence wanting to try out in the flesh. The boosters I'm considering all come with backs and sides, rather than just being a base. Peter Jones sounds good - have always had good advice from them about other baby things. I'll also call Kingston JL to see if they do it.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.