Fiat 500 - do you have one and recommend?

6 posts
GardenRosie
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Fiat 500 - do you have one and recommend?

Postby GardenRosie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:56 pm

I have one and I love it - I got the soft top one purely because I need to carry tall plants in it every now and then so I can put them in through the roof!

I have a 4 year old and can easily get round town with her (and her friends) in it, but they do have to be cooperative - its quite tricky to lift a sleeping child out of the back without doing your back in

The boot is bigger than the mini and fits a weeks shopping in but not a pushchair

Very fun to drive and you can always park!

Have fun

Rosie

www.rosienottage.com
musicmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby musicmum » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 pm

I love mine! Now forever cursing when I have to go in the bigger family car. Brilliant for BTC especially at school drop off time. Mine kids are 5 & 7 and have a good few years growth room yet. Tall adults struggle a little in the back but it's only short distances so fine. Only downside is that you can't take 2 kids + 2 friends (only 2 seatbelts in the back).
Good luck
GardenRosie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GardenRosie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:41 am

Ha! Its a small world (in nappy valley)

Happy to come back if you need me ;)

Email me at design@rosienottage.com
daisydaisy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby daisydaisy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:21 am

I strongly recommend the 500. Apart from the fact that it is so cute, it is a beautiful design inside and out. I managed with a baby seat-although 5 doors would have been preferable at the time- but now my toddler can climb in himself, the lack of doors is not a problem. I can even fit the pram in the boot. One of the biggest pluses is that I have more chance of finding a parking space to fit in, in my road!
musicmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby musicmum » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Mine's a twinair because I wanted a bit of oomph pulling away at junctions but I think the engine is less than a litre - I bought mine second hand (3 yrs) from the Fiat garage in Croydn - they have tons there.

nvmof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nvmof3 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 am

Just be careful as the electric windows on FIAT 500s do not have the usual safety cut out standard in most cars. Without adding too many gory details, my cousin discovered this the hard way culminating in A&E and a lot of stitches.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.