Recommended wedding dress maker?

7 posts
SamJo
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommended wedding dress maker?

Postby SamJo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 am

I'm helping someone look for a wedding dress maker. Does anyone have any suggestions? They don't need to be too local, but somewhere in London or north of London. We have the dress design in mind but the designer who makes similar dresses is only based overseas and we can't find anything similar here. It is not too ornate but follows the current nude/lace trend for the whole length of the full length strapless dress and is relatively, however incredibly elegantly, fitted. If you know either designers who do this style or someone we can go to to have it made using the brides design, please let me know!thank you! Hoping to help before he bride gets too nervous. (There is plenty of time for the dress to be made).
Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommended wedding dress maker?

Postby Roo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:47 am

I am not overly familiar with their work but the dresses in the window always look stunning! They are based on Lower Richmond Road in Putney.

Tantrums and Tiaras: www.tantrumsandtiaras.co/
claphamama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claphamama » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm

She is local and her dresses are fab : http://www.julietpoyser.co.uk/
Wish I knew her when I went wedding dress shopping myself!
Tpa
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tpa » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I used someone fabulous and very reasonable to do my dress two years ago - not sure if she's still in business, but she's worked at some very high end wedding dress shops. I'll PM you her details once I find them!
TheMagenpies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TheMagenpies » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Melanie Baker. She's local (Between The Commons)

http://www.melaniebakerdesigns.com/

She made a wedding dress for a friend of mine a few years ago - it was stunning.

lucymartin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lucymartin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi Samjo

I am a wedding dress designer. Please take a look at my website www.lucymartinbridal.co.uk - I would love to help your friend. My dresses are all silk and made to measure at a very affordable price.

I have a simple collection of 9 dresses on my site but I also do bespoke designs so do give me a call! I am based in Southfields.

Good luck with your search!

Lucy
Aprilmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Aprilmama » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Try Alison Rodger who is based in Chelsea - she made me the dress of my dreams! What fun!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.