Where to donate toys?

7 posts
Tilly&Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Where to donate toys?

Postby Tilly&Roo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:52 pm

My kids have a lot of toys that they have outgrown/don't play with that I want to donate. Does anyone know where I can donate these so the toys go directly to the kids rather that giving them to a charity shop? I've given countless items to places like Fara over the years but I'd prefer to give them elsewhere this time. I remember someone mentioning a woman's shelter a while back. Does anyone have the details of a similar place?

It's mostly preschool toys, books, puzzles, duplo, soft toys, dolls etc.

Many Thanks
Tilly&Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Where to donate toys?

Postby Tilly&Roo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Sorry, unnecessary post - just found the post I was looking for!
Angelique
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Angelique » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi,

We run a baby and toddler group at our church. We have very needy mothers come to our group if you wish I can collect the toys and make sure that it goes to a good deserving home.

Angelique Schultze
Mineis and Minders Baby and Toddler Group
East Hill Baptist Church
182 East Hill
London
SW18 2HD
m - 07990 760146
Martina1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Martina1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 pm

I help run a playgroup and we are looking for more little cars, the matchbox type, dinosaurs and good quality, clean dolls.

If you have any of the above, we would love to take them off your hands!

Martina
young at heart
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby young at heart » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 pm

You may like to consider donating toys to the children's creche within the visitors section of Wandsworth Prison. I know that the volunteers who run the creche are always looking for donations ( though they cannot accept soft toys) I think you can drop on toys at the creche anytime after 10 am Mon- Fri.

Tpa
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tpa » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 pm

The Refuge Women and Children center is a wonderful places to donate to. As it is a domestic violence shelter, they accept all good condition toys and clothing for children plus women's toiletries, clothing and tinned food. There is one nearby. Please PM me for details (protecting confidentiality of the center) and I'll happily email the contact details.
Tilly&Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tilly&Roo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:59 am

Hi Angelique & martina1 I haven't heard back from either of the refuge centres I contacted so will split the toys between you. My car has been full of toys for a few weeks now so I'd like to drop them off as soon as possible. Can you let me know a convenient time and place for me to drop them?

Thanks.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.