Au Pair Food Allowance - How much?

6 posts
family1
Options:
Share this post on:

Au Pair Food Allowance - How much?

Postby family1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi there
For those of you who give their au pair's/nanny's money for food each week - would you mind me asking how much you give??
Many thanks
brihoney
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Au Pair Food Allowance - How much?

Postby brihoney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I've never heard of doing that, I didn't give my au pair any extra, but I did have a jar of money in the kitchen for her to use if she wanted to get something extra for the children.
Minnie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Minnie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:15 am

We let ours have the basics, cereal, bread, veg etc and then give another £15 pw if she wants to get meat.

We don't tend to eat it.
Muddlemoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Muddlemoo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am

Hi - we have always let our au pairs use all the basics as the previous poster mentioned but we give an extra £30 for her own food. I think it gives them independence and saves you worrying about what to cook every night! x
MC5
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MC5 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

We have never given a special food allowance. But i am happy to buy a particular food if they want it. We keep a grocery list in the kitchen and they can just add anything to this and I will get it on the weekly shop. We also keep a pot of around £10 handy for anything that might need to be picked up.

Team Southfields
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Team Southfields » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm

We never gave ours a food allowance.

Our au-pair could help herself to what was in the kitchen - everything we had was shared. She was expected to eat with the children in the evenings before we got home - and the children ate what we ate.

If our au-pairs wanted to cook something special from their own countries they just had to add the ingredients to the weekly shop.

The introduced us to snickerdoodles, meat loaf and a delicious savoury mince meat and egg pie; we introduced them to roast beef and yorkshire pudding and baked gammon!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.