Can you mix happyland and little people?

3 posts
Mum2Monkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Can you mix happyland and little people?

Postby Mum2Monkey » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

I've been given a few bits of happyland which my son absolutely loves. I was hoping to get a few more bits to make it more of a game - but looking on ebay, the happyland toys are selling for quite a lot more than little people. Does anyone know whether you can combine little people with happyland? Will the little people fit with happyland?

On a related note - if anyone is selling any happyland then could you let me know!

Thanks everyone!
balhamite
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Can you mix happyland and little people?

Postby balhamite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi

I remember googling this a couple of years ago!

I'm afraid the people aren't compatible. Little people are wider than happy land people so don't fit in the spaces in happy land vehicles etc. Whereas little people have holes in their bottoms to plug into vehicles etc but as happy land people don't have these they have no way of attaching.

Also something which really annoyed me is that elc have a range called lights and sounds (tractor, fire engine etc) which looks just like happy land but the people are bigger so aren't compatible eithe'r (often on ebsy sellers inaccurately refer to these as happy land)

That said we actually have a mix of all 3 sets and my little ones play with them together and it doesn't seem to bother them. Obviously with houses/buildings it doesn't matter anyway as they will all fit inside. They are great toys. My son has played with them almost daily he was 1 and still does now at 3 1/2 . I quite often see them in fara so you could look there and boots website sometimes has them 3 for 2.

I know far too much about this - need to get out more!
Mum2Monkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Can you mix happyland and little people?

Postby Mum2Monkey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks for the reply - I think its great you spend so much time playing with your kids :) My husband keeps telling me that I need to get back to work because of all my obsessing over toys, pre-schools and don't even get me started on schools!!!!!

Now going to spend the morning on ebay, bidding for lots of happyland!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.