Youths in balham

19 posts
Midwifemummy13
Options:
Share this post on:

Youths in balham

Postby Midwifemummy13 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:18 am

Is it just me or should we be alarmed with the ever growing problem of youths in Balham???? They seem to congregate around either mc Donald's or outside William hill near Starbucks. I have seen many people young & old crossing over to avoid these youths!!!! I myself have felt quite intimidated by them & do worry about my children coming home from school. It's such a shame as Balham is such a lovely area too & I feel we need to make the authorities aware of these youths & hopefully they can be moved on. These youths sometimes drive like maniacs on bikes on both the roads & pavements without any concern for anyone else. I myself am fed up of having to deal with situations like this & just wish something could be done.
We should not have to feel insecure within our own communities.

Many thanks
Wheresmyschool?
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Youths in balham

Postby Wheresmyschool? » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Agree.

It's an issue because if all they're doing is gathering together to have fun we don't want to stop that.

However when you read about phones being stolen and the noise and swearing from some of these groups is incredible.

More police on the beat me'thinks!
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby headshrinker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Is this a serious post?

What exactly are these young people supposed to be doing that is so offensive?
schoolgatesmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby schoolgatesmum » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:59 pm

I don't think you can ask police to move on a bunch of youths for hanging around on the streets! On that basis we could ask the police to move on all those parents blocking many pavements everyday outside schools (and what about all those inconsiderate cars?!). And they are hanging around MacDonalds and William Hill. Youths have always hung around Macdonalds since I was a child. Nothing's changed - except maybe Balham has become a bit more upmarket and therefore people don't want to see youths hanging around....... :lol:
Jen66
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jen66 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 pm

I see them outside McDonalds and also Flavas after school.

But not once have I felt intimidated or compelled to cross the road away from them. They're just teenagers eating burgers/chips!

Yes they're a bit loud and gobby but that's teenagers for you.

NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:06 pm

You get them everywhere, Southside, outside CJ station, market towns outside of London.

As long as they aren't doing anything wrong, the police probably have better things to do but probably worth mentioning to your safer neighbourhoods team if you are worried.
Midwifemummy13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Midwifemummy13 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:01 pm

This post is not a joke & I would like to say I know first hand what these youth get up to & have been involved on numerous occasions with local robberies & other crimes.
Thanks
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Does anyone know why English teenagers display this sort of "attitude"? I don't see this in other countries - where I am from, where my wife is from, or anywhere that we have visited. How is it that these children don't learn manners? Is it the parents' fault?
Midwifemummy13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Midwifemummy13 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 pm

I would like to clearly state these youths I am talking about are not from chestnut grove academy & would very much appreciate the blame not been put on them either. These youths are clearly not in uniform & clearly not at school. Some of them are too old to be at school too. There are clearly up to no good & are known to the police & are known robbers thugs & bullies.

They get away with it that why they continue in this awful way.

People be warned

Jibberty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jibberty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Well if you are so sure that they are known to the police I suggest you call the local police station and let them know where their baddies are.

FFS.
Midwifemummy13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Midwifemummy13 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

How rude of you to both attack me personally & swear at me?? This website is not designed for people like that?? I was trying to warn fellow Balham residents that's all.
Please don't waste your foul language by replying.
Jibberty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jibberty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Er, I did not attack you personally and FFS is an exasperated reaction.

Would live you to show me where I attacked you personally.
Jibberty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jibberty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm

And, if you know personally what they've allegedly been doing, why on earth do you not ring the police and tell them? That's what the police are there for to, you know, catch criminals and feckless youths...

BALLANTINE
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BALLANTINE » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:36 am

Midwifemummy13 - I know from my work with Balham police that there is a drug dealing issue centred around William Hill - I suggest that any antisocial or criminal activity is reported to Balham Safer Neighbourhoods team:-

Steve Miles I Safer Neighbourhoods Sergeant - Balham and Northcote wards I Wandsworth Borough
Tel 020 8247 8605 | Metphone 38605 |
Balham ward: Balham.SNT@met.police.uk

The more reports they recieve the more resources will be directed to that problem

Maybe the other posts would not be so dismissive if it was their children being sold drugs - THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE GIRLS
Midwifemummy13
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Midwifemummy13 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:45 am

Thank you so much for your support yes I totally agree there is a big issue with these youths. I have on numerous occasions reported incidents that unfortunately has just been brushed under the carpet. Whilst I'm shocked that many replied have talked about this been a less serious problem but its still a problem that needs to be addressed. I have these youths laugh at both the police & support officers. They know they can get away with this awful behaviour and it saddens me that the police fail to act.

Let's hope the police read our concerns & start to act

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.