Can anyone recommend a good photographer?

24 posts
bambinogibson
Options:
Share this post on:

Can anyone recommend a good photographer?

Postby bambinogibson » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm looking for a good family/toddler informal portrait photographer. There's plenty out there, but what are they really like behind the marketing guff on their websites and adverts. Any recommendations greatfully received. Thanks
zannathetrainer
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Can anyone recommend a good photographer?

Postby zannathetrainer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Robbies Photographic Studio on Ritherdon Road between Balham and Tooting Bec is great and Robbie himself is adorable. We had a family sitting before Christmas and were delighted with the results :)
MrsAmanda
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsAmanda » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:49 pm

I can recommend my husband!

Some of his work can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/acosgrove/ ... 2483/show/

He's semi-pro and not got a proper website up and running yet, but if you like the look of the pics, I'll give you his details.

Amanda
klh249
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby klh249 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 pm

I can recommend Charlie Round-Turner. He is well very patient and talented. I love his ability to photograph even very wiggly four month olds. Beautiful!

www.charlieroundturner.com/

Sorry I don't know how to link this address!

X,
Kelly
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi
I am sure that all of the photographers mentioned so far are excellent. Can I please add Heidi Adnum to the list. She took the photograh on the front of NappyValleynet and is wonderful!

http://www.heidiadnum.com/

A

FriendsofYGL
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FriendsofYGL » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Sarah Legge is fantastic and local (Wandsworth). She did a shoot for me and my family recently and works wonderfully with young children and is very reasonable.

Website is http://www.sarahleggephotography.co.uk/ but this focuses on wedding photography. Check out her blog which has some great examples of her family photography: http://sarahleggephotography.wordpress.com/
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 pm

check out mark anderson who has the stall on northcote road. great images.
mrseff
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrseff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

Annie Armitage's work is stunning - you will pay a few quid more than some other photographers but her work is breathtaking in quality and composition. And she's very nice & personable to boot, will make you & your family feel at ease and not posed or rushed.

I think her website is just her name.
mishmash
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mishmash » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

I can highly recommend Janine Stow. She did an informal shoot for our family on Wandsworth common and we are thrilled with the results. Now the hard part is choosing which ones to blow up - but you get the CD of all the images so you can print away at your leisure! www.janinestowphotography.com

Phoenix
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Phoenix » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 pm

http://www.peterbutlerphotography.co.uk/
Fantastic photographer, very natural shots. Has taken pics of lots of kids in our area (esp babies and toddlers). Pricing is very competitive and pics are as good, if not better, than any others I have seen.
All my friends go back to him time and time again.
lexiehc
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lexiehc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello,

I'm a local photographer. I do portraits for people of all ages. Take a look at some examples of my work on www.tikkismikkis.co.uk.

I'm based in Balham but can come and take pictures in your home, the park or another location that you would like.

Thanks for looking.

Alexandra

http://www.tikkismikkis.co.uk
newmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby newmama » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi, I agree with Annabel. Heidi Adnum is a great children's/family photographer. We have been using her since our little one was 1 week old (have had 5 sessions now). We have so many great photos, plus the price is really reasonable (she gives you a cd of the pics and doesn't force you to buy the pictures). I've already booked her to take photos at my daughter's 2nd birthday party, but we've had sessions at our house and at the park.

I've been recommending Heidi to everyone who listens as I am so pleased with the pics. Plus, she's super nice and friendly!
http://www.heidiadnum.com/gallery.html

I've made lots of nice collages and calendars on Photobox and Snapfish for us and the grandparents. I'm attaching one of the pics from our most recent photo shoot.
xx
Attachments
091101 Wilmots  025.jpg
091101 Wilmots 025.jpg (179.27 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
confusedofbattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby confusedofbattersea » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:32 pm

My friend Anna McCarthy is a fabulous children's photographer, plus she has a great way with children, whatever age. Check out her website www.annamccarthy.com and go to the family section. She's also very good at making pregnant women look beautiful (no veins in sight!).

beano
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby beano » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:26 am

Hi,
I do informal toddler/baby/family portraits. Check out my website www.talixjonesphotography.co.uk and call me if you want to discuss. I'm very local.
xxx
photographer_sw
Options:
Share this post on:

I want to recommend myself

Postby photographer_sw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

I am a mum of a toddler too and know how children work, so I have a friendly approach, I take the most natural pictures and the main thing is I like the family to have a good relaxed time too.
I will come to the venue of your choice, your home a park a playground.
My packages are very economical and you get the CD with all pictures included and I do not charge any extra for this. You can then share the pictures with friends and family and have more prints.
Visit my webpage or blog please and you will find my work and the testimonials from my clients.
Thanks

www.carolinamiddleton.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.