New Chocolate and Coffee shop Derosier on Garratt Lane

13 posts
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

New Chocolate and Coffee shop Derosier on Garratt Lane

Postby Denwand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Just seen that Derosier has opened a new Cafe/Chocolate shop on Garratt Lane opposite Carlucios near Earlsfield station.

They had a shop near Wimbledon Park and I can vouch for both the Coffee and the Chocolates being delicious :D

Mind you with a new Starbucks opening right by the station and Cafe Nero over the road it's getting a bit crowded...
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New Chocolate and Coffee shop Derosier on Garratt Lane

Postby windmill26 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

" it's getting a bit crowded..."
I agree!
There are too many coffee shops in Earlsfield.Another one will open soon close to Mel's! We definitely need some variety,no more coffee shops or estate agents please!
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 pm

windmill26 wrote: I agree!
There are too many coffee shops in Earlsfield.Another one will open soon close to Mel's! We definitely need some variety,no more coffee shops or estate agents please!
I generally agree Windy although I prefer coffee shops to estate agents and at least Derosier is primarily a chocolate shop with coffee sales tacked on as far as I understand - so we get a new shop at the price of another coffee outlet ,,,,, not ideal but at least it's not a Starbucks....oh darn they have already moved in! :D
Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New Chocolate and Coffee shop Derosier on Garratt Lane and new Costas!!!!!

Postby Caferacer » Mon May 22, 2017 12:16 pm

I've just tried the new De Rosier coffee shop on Garrett Lane and I agree, delicious!

In my view it's their hot chocolates that are out of this world, not made with powder as in normal coffee shops but with liquid chocolate held in warming tubs at the counter, like Oddanos ice cream, in varying strengths and blends ( 65%/70% etc ). i can honestly say I haven't tasted anything better.

of course the starbucks is about to open right by Earlsfield station and I have just heard that on the other side of the railway bridge on Garratt lane by the new Earlsfield pub the huge double front shop that was McKenzies conveinience store will be a new ( drum roll ) Costa's
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

I was told from one of the builders working there that McKenzies is going to be a Waitrose with apartments above.He said that the shop part is too big to be a Costa.I am hoping for a Waitrose...we definitely don't need another coffee shop!

Earlsfield1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Earlsfield1980 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

De rosier is a really nice coffee shop, good coffee and the cakes are delicious.

The unit by the earlsfield is still undecided- Waitrose and Nando's (!!) have both been to view it and expressed interest. As far as I know it's not going to be a costa.
Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Caferacer » Mon May 22, 2017 1:21 pm

You may well be very right windmill26 . a previous rumour was that it was to be a Pizza Express!I heard the Costas rumour from two people over the weekend but we all know about chinese whispers. Oh i do hope the Waitrose or Pizza express is right as the last thing we need is another coffee chain.
Earlsfield1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Earlsfield1980 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Pizza express were keen to come to earlsfield but decided not to and are going to start deliveries instead of having a restaurant
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:54 pm

I am happy that is not going to be another coffee shop or estate agent.I rather have a Waitrose over a Nando's ...maybe we should start a "what do we want on Garratt lane" thread :lol:

Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Caferacer » Mon May 22, 2017 3:35 pm

now that's a great idea!

shame about Pizza Express, always a good standard and reasonable priced for for family meals. in fact the i have always judged all pizzas by their american hots!
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Tue May 30, 2017 1:14 pm

windmill26 wrote:I am happy that is not going to be another coffee shop or estate agent.I rather have a Waitrose over a Nando's ...maybe we should start a "what do we want on Garratt lane" thread :lol:
Hmm... although Waitrose would be nice that would make three "Local" bigname supermarkets within 100 metres so maybe a Pizza Express or a Nandos.... Don't want a Costas though...far too many big brand coffee shops already! :o :D
jojosolitaire
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jojosolitaire » Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 pm

I could personally live without a Nandos or a Costa... waitrose would be nice but possibly a saturated market already with tesco and sains..

I'd really love a nice bakery in Earlsfield... There is really no where to buy lovely fresh bread other that supermarkets or the basic bakery on the corner, unless anyone can correct me!!?? I even went to carluccio's for foccaica the other day but obviously got charged an arm and a leg for takeaway stuff from the restaurant...
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Mystery solved ...McKenzies is going to be http://dugardanddaughters.com/ . :D
I am very happy that is not going to be another coffee shop or an estate agent! I think it will be a great addition to the area!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.