Postal Diets?!

21 posts
elizad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postal Diets?!

Postby elizad » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Can anybody recommend a diet where they send or deliver the food to you? I have heard of the Jane Plan that advertises on Nappy Valley but am also really keen to understand how it compares to others in taste, effectiveness and cost. Are there better ones out there? Thanks so so much for any help...
Jen66
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Postal Diets?!

Postby Jen66 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm

I've done the Pure Package.

It's expensive but the food is very very good and high end.

I did a low cal version for a month and lost a stone.

(put it all back on now of course!)
KirstyCorcs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KirstyCorcs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

I am 2 weeks into Jane Plan (trying to loose weight for a special event this Christmas). I'm loving it, the food is really great and I've lost 6 pounds so far. I did look at pure package but it was too expensive for me.
I'm doing the full one month plan which was £240 (just under £9 a day) whereas pure package was a lot more than this.
I haven't done any other diet deliveries so cant compare it in taste but suggest you give them a call, they are really helpful on the phone.
elizad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby elizad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks for the repsonse so far. I have just looked at pure package and its serioulsy more expensive... If anybody has any thoughts on if its worth it do let me know! Thank you..
MrsAmanda
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsAmanda » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 am

I've tried a few of these. Bought two months worth of Diet Chef meals. Didn't like any of the food so threw the bulk of it away six months later. I've also tried Jane Plan, although ony a week, and again, I found the food really unpalatable. However, I'm vegetarian so my choice was restricted. Those who eat a broader range of food might have more luck!

For the price of the likes of Pure Package, you could probably find a local chef to batch cook calorie and portion controlled food or you. I'm sure people have offered similar services to those needing help after a hospital stay.

Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Medway » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 am

I have also done Jane Plan twice - 2 x 1 month stints and if you follow it to the letter you will lose alot of weight (for me a stone each time). The issue - and I'm really sorry to say this Jane - is that some of the food really does not taste that great. When you have done it once you learn what to avoid, but the soups are really not good(funny taste and texture), and they form the basis of half the lunches. The salads are better. The dinner 'casseroles' are also fine, but the pastas were not for me. So you can mix and match and you will lose weight and if like me- you need help with your willpower I would recommend. If you want a guarnateed weight loss this will work - and to be fair for £9 a day, it is a great product.
emmakl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby emmakl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 am

Having done WW and SW in the past and lost weight but put it back on again, I decided to look at Rosemary Conley and do it online ... so I signed up and then discovered that she has now launched Solo Slim - ready made meals which you order online and arrive quickly!

They seem very reasonable to me - and are delicious! As I have three little ones and pennies are tight I'm being as economical as I can ... so branflakes for brekkie, WW soup for lunch and then a Solo-slim meal for supper ... £27.99 for 10 meals, so not going to break the bank! And I lost 4lbs last week! Her average loss study showed 15lbs lost in a month ... which sounds good to me!

I snack on fruit and add veggies to the meals to bulk them up .. haven't felt hungry at all!
JanePlan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JanePlan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am

It's so good to read all the feedback. I think it's important to remember that food is a very personal thing and what person loves, another person won't. For instance, our pasta range is our most popular range, it's made in Italy and has quite a strong flavour. However, the lady who posted here didn't like it. That's no problem, as there are lots and lots of different meals to choose from. We do run a free swop up service, just in case you do receive food you don't like and we are always interested to hear feedback on each clients' personal tastes. We are also always developing our range, and we can only get better with feedback, so thankyou everyone. The vegetarian lady has pointed out that the vegetarian range is not as wide as it could be, again we are working on this and will keep you posted. We now have over 3000 clients - 70% of whom regularly re order, so I hope we are doing something right. We've also been reviewed favourably in Vogue, The Daily Mail, Women's Fitness and lots more - and we have quite a few NVN hubbies on the Plan too! I'll be watching this page today, to hear what people have to say. Thank you again everyone for the feedback.
Jane xx
KirstyCorcs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KirstyCorcs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am

Just finished week 3 and lost another 2 pounds this week. Still really enjoying the food. I actually really like the soups, except the tomato and basil, and I LOVE the lasagne. Apparantly the mushroom and carrot and coriander soups are new and I particularly like the mushroom.
The bottom line is I'm 8 pounds down in 3 weeks so really delighted! I'm going to do another month before christmas :)

Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Medway » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am

That is fabulous congratulations! As Jane says above it is personal taste and for the price it is good value.
Cazza1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Cazza1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 am

Well as they say it is a matter of taste but two stone down and 18 months later I am holding nicely thank you - the odd pound or two goes on after a large weekend (like this one!) but JanePlan forms the basis of my food life now. After many years of yo-yo dieting JanePlan keeps me straight and beautifully narrow! A few days of sticking to the plan properly will see me back at the weight I was in June 2011 when I reached goal.

I especially love the soups in this cold weather and my pasta and can't wait to try out the new range next order! High five to JanePlan and thanks!

Caroline
Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Medway » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am

I am sorry to be cynical - but you joined NVN about 20 mins ago...how could you have known about this thread which is discussing various diet options in a very sensible and polite way? I do not doubt you have lost this weight on JP, but I find the timing of your post a little suspicious. I value this site because I believe that the people I am talking to are sharing their views and thoughts and ideas sponteously.
JanePlan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JanePlan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am

Caroline knows about the thread because she is one of our long standing clients and I asked her if she would like to join the discussion. I gave her the link and left the rest to her. She is a local lady and I know that she would have wanted to have her say. I often introduce new people to NVN - whether they want an opinion on Re Centre (one of my personal favourites) a local builder or window cleaner. I, like you, value it as a local resource and think that by directing new folks to the site when there is topic being discussed that would interest them, is a good way of increasing the presence of NVN.

When people call us having seen an advert (whether it's NVN or elsewhere) and are unsure about whether they want to start JP, I point them to NVN as an independent forum where they can learn more about what we do. Likewise I suggest they visit our Face Book page as well.

Janexx

Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Medway » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Honestly, I understand the need for businesses to manage their brands online and to protect them from unecessarily harsh or negative criticism. I also see why you would want to direct a happy customer to this discussion. My (slight) issue with it is that the discussion was well balanced already and it appears over-managed to suddenly have a new member, directly addressing the two points of negative feedback. Anyway that is my view. You have a great business which is clearly thriving - I am sure it will withstand a couple of slightly negative, although fully qualified, points of feedback on a discussion board.
JanePlan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JanePlan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Thank you. I really appreciate this feedback.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.