Holiday inspiration

11 posts
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Holiday inspiration

Postby Vhopeful » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi all,

So I'm currently researching a holiday for next august and I just can't seem to find what I'm after. Just wondering has anyone been to a hotel that ticks the following boxes and if so please please let me know where
- luxury feel in bedrooms
- good food (needs to be at least half board)
- good kids club
- kids mini disco (my kids love it!)
- close to a town with bars/restaurants
- 2-2.5hr flight
- no craziness of having to reserve sunbeds

Wow that is a long list now that I've written it down just hope someone knows of a hotel which would be suitable.
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Holiday inspiration

Postby NYE31 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Try the Sani resort
Mrsmac35
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mrsmac35 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm

We love the martinhal resort, sagres in Portugal
I think it might tick all of of your boxes! Although the nearest town isn't really touristy at all, which we really liked... but there is so much at the resort you may not need to leave..
Not sure about the disco, our toddler was too young for such events! But they may well have one
nutella
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nutella » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Second Sani Resort, it was amazing and they're so accommodating with kids.
broodje
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby broodje » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Another vote for Sani

Also, depending on the budget you can choose the level of luxury. I think Asteria Suites there have their own section of the beach.

I haven't been to Costa Navarino but understand that it's similar to Sani

nutella
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nutella » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm

I went to Costa Navarino a couple weeks ago, and while they're both nice personally I prefer Sani. Costa Navarino is like a big resort so lost a little bit of the Grecian charm in my opinion.
TLTB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TLTB » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello do feel welcome to give me a call to help you. I'm a local mum of twins and have my own travel agency focusing on Luxury holidays and can save you the time of trawling the internet. Take a look at my website http://www.theluxurytravelboutique.com or give me a call on 07866805050. Happy to help! Sheryl
SW19Mama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW19Mama » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:33 am

I second the Martinhal Resort in Portugal, we had an amazing time this summer and it ticks most of your boxes. Hope the planning goes well :)
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:28 am

I was thinking of Costa Navarino too but you'd need to hire a car to get around and to the nearest town (which is about a 5-10 min drive away). There are two (interconnecting) hotels there and Los Romanos is better (and more expensive) then the Westin. The food is good, maybe not great. It's a stunningly beautiful area so worth exploring. There are also loads of super-stylish resorts on Crete - although the only one I've stayed at is the Amirandes near Heraklion (which was nicer and had way better food than the Costa Navarino, although the surrounding area isn't as beautiful). There are a whole bunch of super-luxurious ones at the Eastern end of the island, around Elounda.

A few people I know swear by the Forte Village Resort in Sardinia, but I haven't been there myself.

LWade
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LWade » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 am

Pine Cliffs in Portugal is always recommended to me. Martinal is okay but very windy beach and freezing sea and our children didn't like it at all.
Sami covers off everything which is why it's so popular. The Sami beach club and Sami hotel are the best priced and also close to all the amenities or little children
Minimac
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Minimac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:28 am

Hi,
I’d be really happy to help with your holiday search. I offer a tailor made service and have two small children so know exactly what is needed to make sure a holiday is happy and relaxing for all of you!
Sani is a fantastic option, as is Martinhal. You could also look at Ikos if you are keen on Greece.
Feel free to drop me a line on
emily.mccormick@travelcounsellors.com or 01932 807210
I have attached my webpage below to give you more background on me and my experience;
https://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/emily.mccormick

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.