Ibiza in October: Good idea?

6 posts
MMmmm
Options:
Share this post on:

Ibiza in October: Good idea?

Postby MMmmm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:08 am

Hi there,

We have a rare opportunity to have a 3 night kid free holiday first week of October. We've been keen to visit Ibiza for years. Has anyone been at the beginning of October? I know it's towards the end of their season but my question is; is it too late? Will things be shut down and empty or is it still worth going? If the weather isn't warm enough to be by a pool are there other things to do for 3/4 days? Any suggestions gratefully received. Hotel recommendations included :)

Thanks in advance.
CDSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Ibiza in October: Good idea?

Postby CDSW11 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 pm

I would go further south to ensure sun is shinning and temps are above 20degreees.. Morocco?. We have been twice to this place and loved it: https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-ho ... gKW7_D_BwE

The photos don't make it justice. And the pools are heated, plus there are adult only pool and restaurant.
Tpa
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tpa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:34 pm

I went to Ibiza sans children at the end of October and the weather was still lovely (not HOT, but still beautifully warm and loads of people on the beaches). I believe the last weekend in October is when the closing parties commence and all the great restaurants are still open. We stayed inland in a finca in Saint Joan, which I highly recommend over Ibiza town, but I guess it's all about how much partying you plan to do (Ibizia has so many ambient outdoor restaurants/lounges in the rural bit, that I've never even been to a club there in the 3 trips I've taken). Have fun!
KasiaT
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KasiaT » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 am

Closing parties go until mid October so most places will be open until mid October. The weather will still be lovely, go for it!
And if you fancy a few parties here is the schedule and all info
https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/
MMmmm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MMmmm » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks so much for all you replies, it's been super helpful.

CDSW11: Totally agree re Morocco, I'm a big fan and we've been fortunate enough to visit a few times. Thanks for the recommendation tho. A good one for next time!

AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:24 am

Been a couple of times at the start of October without children and the weather has always been perfect sun-bathing weather. The season is still going and everything is open including beach clubs etc. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.