Caribbean November holiday for family with 2 toddlers

Whether you're planning a half-term skiing trip, a luxury city break or a visit to a Cornish camp site, we have holiday tips and ideas to inspire your free time away from Nappy Valley
  • Author

Share this post on:

Caribbean November holiday for family with 2 toddlers

Postby ale.venerus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

Hi everyone,

we would love to go on a 1-week holiday in the Caribbean in November 2017.
We have a 1 1/2 and a 3 years old, so we are conscious that we have to go to a family friendly resort.
Has anyone done a similar holiday, and would they suggest a location/resort or agency who will not charge incredible fees? We are looking at the Verandah resort and SPA in Antigua now, anyone has been there?

Many thanks,

Alessandra

FlightCentreDanny

Share this post on:

Re: Caribbean November holiday for family with 2 toddlers

Postby FlightCentreDanny » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 am

Good Morning Alessandra,
I hope your well and had a great weekend.

It can be a tough decision when it comes to taking the little ones somewhere such as the Caribbean as you want to make sure you're both safe but also not tucked away from the rest of the world.

Personally I think St Lucia is a great family destination as a lot of properties have great child facilities and you don't have to go all inclusive if you don't want to unlike a lot of places in the Caribbean.

The Verandah Resort is a great 4* and balances out well with the Kids Club and Spa so everyone can have their well deserved holiday.

I know how hard it can be trying to find the right destination , hotel and price point. So if you wanted to email me at danny.paines@flightcentre.co.uk I would be more than happy to help you with this and send some options your way.

Alternatively you could always pop into our office on Northcote Road as its always nice to put a face to the name.

Many Thanks

Danny

Fairylights

Share this post on:

Postby Fairylights » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

We went to Carlisle Bay in Antigua when our children were 7 months and 2.5 years and it worked really well. It's a really nice size resort (not too big) and the beach and pool are lovely. My older child loved the kids club and the little one went in a couple of times (we had to pay for someone to watch her). I'd definitely recommend it.

pippi2009

Share this post on:

Postby pippi2009 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Try Turquoise on Northcote road, they are brilliant for advice and can help you out.

millymoo

Share this post on:

Postby millymoo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 pm

We've been to Verandah in Antigua twice as looked at Carlisle Bay but was a little alarmed by expense. It is a lovely resort with two private beaches, pool is large but deep with no shallow area for toddlers or babies but we are beach people so worked out ok for us. Accommodation is little bungalows and nice kids club set up even though we didn't use it. Long beach just outside the hotel is lovely. All Inclusive was a plus and good variety of food but I would say this is a solid 3.5 star resort (not 4 star plus) so it really depends on what you are looking for. In general caribbean is not cheap (obv guaranteed weather at that time of year) and might get better value by thinking about other destinations as well.
Hope that helps and enjoy your break!

MamanClapham

Share this post on:

Postby MamanClapham » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Hello,

We went to Barbados in the Colony Club hotel which was great (not too big, whilst being all inclusive). Pool and beach and accommodation are great, and they have babysitters. At the time our daughter was only 6 months old.

Good luck with your search!

ella.louise

Share this post on:

Postby ella.louise » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi there,

I went last year to Jamaica with my husband and two young kids. We stayed in sunscape splash montego bay. Had a lovely holiday as weather was good and hotel was nice, but despite this place having a water park for the kids, i wouldn't take my kids back there again nor recommend.
The place blasts out loud music all day and there isn['t much by way of activities for young children. This is my only Caribbean experience but thought i'd warn others!

Return to “Travel”