Walt Disney World recommendations

4 posts
ladyofacertainage
Options:
Share this post on:

Walt Disney World recommendations

Postby ladyofacertainage » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm

I have promised to take my daughter (teenager) in October half term, however on looking at holidays online it seems very complicated, many many different places to stay/things to do. Any recommendations?
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Walt Disney World recommendations

Postby Goldhawk » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 pm

Not been myself but friends have used https://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/about-us for the theme park tickets
RPatterson89
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RPatterson89 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm

I have been to Florida many times the last time being 2015.

We as a family normally rent a villa which isn't too far from Disney, wet n wild, universal studios. Out of the 4 times that I have been to Florida I only visited Disney once and I went to the Animal Kingdom park. Each park is about $100 to enter and obviously you pay for food, photos etc. I found the park I went to more for children but I am glad I went for the experience.

I think your daughter would more like universal studios which has 2 parks one that is mainly movie simulators and then Islands of adventures which has the rollercoaster. There is also another theme park called Busch gardens in Tampa which is really good as well. You can get a package deal with various companies but I recommend Virgin.

All in all Florida is great and I would recommend going Late Aug/early September as the kids have gone back to school and the parks aren't as full. The flights will also be cheaper as well.

Good luck x
DietCokefan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DietCokefan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 am

October half-term is a fantastic time to go to Disney World. The weather is generally very warm and it's less busy than Summer or peak US Bank Holiday times.
Re the park tickets, we used American Attractions who were great https://www.americanattractions.co.uk/w ... park_group . What tickets you buy and how much you spend really depends on how many days you want to spend in the parks, and whether you want to do Disney and Universal. The previous post mentioning $100 per day for park entry is correct if you buy single day tickets. If you buy a 7 day ticket it's a lot less per day, and you don't have to use the days consecutively (I think ours were valid for any 7 days out of 14 from the first day of use). There are other advantages in buying the longer tickets, particularly in you buy them in advance, and particularly for Disney. Disney offers the FastPass system which means you can book a few things each day up to a month (I think) in advance, and the Fastpass gets you quicker entry. The last time we went we even managed to go to one of the Disney crazy golf courses which are included! The 7 day adult ticket including Disney also includes the Memory Maker system which means you can save any ride photos or ones taken by the Disney photographers, onto your card/wrist-band for free.
You can buy combined Universal/Disney ticket packages, which, if you're going to use most of the days are amazing value.
If you're going to go to the Universal parks really seriously consider spending a night in one of the Universal hotels, compare here https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en ... index.html It adds "UniversalExpress" to any entry ticket you buy (doesn't apply to the cheapest ones - Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay) - this means you gain faster entry to most of the Universal attractions except the main ones in Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Staying at any of the Universal Resort Hotels also gives you 1 hour earlier admission to Wizarding World of Harry Potter which if you're interested in that area is WELL worth it.
We did not stay in a Disney Resort Hotel as we didn't want to keep moving and they are expensive. We stayed at Floridays, an apartment hotel near SeaWorld on International Drive - 2 or 3 bed proper apartments. Also bar/pool etc. The apartments are good size, have full kitchens, washer/dryer, 2 full bathrooms. We've stayed there a few times and it's great value and lovely people. There's also a really good supermarket with deli etc called Publix around the corner. If you are a larger family the villa suggestion is good, you tend to get a lot of space, pool etc for a good price. We are only 4 so the apart-hotel really worked for us.
The Disney water parks were good, and I believe there's a Universal opening or just opened.
Have a great time!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.