Cape Verde for the 2nd week of the Autumn Half Term?

3 posts
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Cape Verde for the 2nd week of the Autumn Half Term?

Postby NYE31 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm

We're looking at Cape Verde for the 2nd week of the Autumn half term, our children will be 2 & 6, any recommendations? Temp looks as though it will be 27 degrees c, flight of about 4 hours.
Killybracken
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Cape Verde for the 2nd week of the Autumn Half Term?

Postby Killybracken » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 am

Hi, we love Cape Verde for a holiday because my husband is mad about spearfishing and it's a great location for game fishing. We go to Santa Maria on Sal.

On our honeymoon we stayed at Morbeza which is a beautiful hotel in a fab location on the beach and close to the pier.

On our second trip with our toddler we stayed all inclusive at Rui Funana. It is 1 mile along the beach from Santa Maria and the pier, where all the action happens, but it was a fabulous holiday for a toddler. Activities on the beach, huge variety of food and 5 restaurants, several pools and a kids area and kids fun groups.

The quality of food served at the local restaurants is excellent. my husband would go fishing very early in the morning and I would have breakfast and kids play time with my toddler then we would head down to the pier to meet him and go for a stroll along the beech and pick a restaurant for lunch. We found a great balance that made a lovely holiday for all 3 of us.

The flight is close to 6 hours I think, and the weather is 26oc and sunny everyday without fail. The locals are very family orientated and they love children so they are great with families. All the staff at our hotel made a huge fuss over the children and I thought it was lovely.

I highly recommend a holiday to Cape Verde. Oh, and ordervthe Wahoo! Delicious fish.
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Cape Verde for the 2nd week of the Autumn Half Term?

Postby NYE31 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Thank you v.much, the hotel that you mention is where we were thinking of & are just about to book, many thanks :) x

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.