family resorts/ holidays

8 posts
hol78
Options:
Share this post on:

family resorts/ holidays

Postby hol78 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi

Can anyone recommend any nice family resorts that are reasonably priced (if it exists ) in or around Europe , with good facilities for young children a minimum of a pool and next to the beach with options of restaurants . As an example Pine Cliffs or Martinhal .

Thank you
shaneleone
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: family resorts/ holidays

Postby shaneleone » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Following.
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alchemy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 am

hol78 wrote:Martinhal
As long as you go off-season/outside school holidays this is very reasonable.
Last edited by Alchemy on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaneleone
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby shaneleone » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:38 am

True - but many, if not most, of us are stuck to school holidays, when the prices are far less reasonable.
abcdefg
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby abcdefg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 am

I've done quite a bit of research on this for 2017 as we want to go away, but with the exchange rate it is incredibly expensive. We've looked at everything - Mark Warner, Club Med, Neilson, Pine Cliffs, Sani, Abama, Princess Yaiza etc (most of the more well known ones), and nothing was coming out with any change at all from £5k (this was early July for the start of the private school holidays so will of course be even slightly cheaper than August!). I know quite a few people that are saying they aren't going away this summer as it is just too expensive, so possibly hoping for a last minute deal if these holidays go unsold??! Let's see.

On another note, Travel Designers (I found on here) based in Balham are absolutely excellent. They have become our go to travel agent and have got us a great deal for the October half term. We've used them three times now and I would really recommend them. They have beaten prices on everything for us.

szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szerma » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:54 pm

I can't recommend Royal Son Bou in Menorca enough. We went there for 2 years in a row. You can check prices on their website (although we ended up booking with other r sellers as it was about 10% cheaper). I recommend you t half board then you can eat out in other restaurants, rooms also have a kitchenette so you can make lunch yourself if you want. Transfer is 25 minutes from airport in a cab (around 25 euros).

Also, their kids club and crèche is included in the price. It is not all day but morning and afternoon.

Enjoy,

M
pepper
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pepper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Check Thomson holiday, great prices and location
hol78
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hol78 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 pm

thank you all so much thats really helpful!!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.