Best app games for toddlers

21 posts
BH coping with 3!
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best app games for toddlers

Postby BH coping with 3! » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Just had a read through!!!! I posted this yesterday "Should I get these for our holiday..." as I think like many am just trying to find a reasonable balance. With not responses to my post I have just bitten the bullet and orders a blue and red Activity case for my son (4) and daughter (6). We're flying to Italy for the first time with 3 and thought that these might be a good solution for keeping them busy at the airport, on the plane and while we're away (especially as I think I'll have hands full with the baby). I have downloaded some of their favourite programmes onto the ipad, but my son loses interest quickly and is a monster when he watches any screen for too long, so wanted an easy alternative/balance.
I ended up speaking to Kate at Pipity, who was lovely and helpful, and hope that they're going to be good. I have just ordered a plain paper pad for my son as the activity books might be a bit to advanced for him, but he's happy drawing! Also, we have agreed that we're not going to take any screens with us when we go out to eat as really don't want to get into the habit of the kids using them at the table at meal times... so hope these will be good for eating out too. My package should arrive tomorrow so will post feedback on it all when they arrive!
BH coping with 3!
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BH coping with 3! » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:20 pm

My post above might not make sense without seeing the thing I'm talking about... www.pipity.com
(a little film about it all popped up on my FB page a couple of days ago)!
Camille
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Camille » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 am

Must agree with Geo72 although perhaps in less dramatic terms. Wiuld add crayons, pencils and paper to the list though.
We got to central africa with 2 connections and delays making it a 24 hr trip on charter type flights without any issues with our 2 year old and 4 year old.
Same goes for those back of headrest car DVD players. Yuk.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 pm

As iPads have only been around for a few years we have no idea what effect they're having on kids' brains on a long term basis. All I've noticed is that the crime rate has gone down significantly in recent years and I'm guessing it's because kids now have something to occupy them rather than hang around getting bored. I hate seeing tiny kids stuck in front of screens (generally watching films) at meal times but other than that I reckon they're much more interactive than watching a TV and most adults spend most of their working lives in front of screens nowadays.It's the way the world is going and I rather think the naysayers are just like King Canute trying to stop the waves.
walesdavies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby walesdavies » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:57 am

Everything in moderation peeps!
If you select what chn watch & do on an iPad very carefully & only allow at certain times (defintiely not at meal times!) then if you are on a long journey why not? It's like everything in life - a little of what you like does you no harm. The pipity activity cases look BRILLIANT so a very good addition - TY for sharing!

marylisramos
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby marylisramos » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:39 am

Our list of favourites:

Tozzle
Tozzle Words
Dr. Panda's Restaurant
Dr. Panda's Handyman
Dr. Panda's Veggie Garden
Dr. Panda's Hospital
Nighty Night Sheep - this one is beautiful
Talking Pocoyo
Nighty Night Circus
Little Fox Music Box - another beautiful one

Some Montessori ones that help them get started on writing and recognising letters and numbers:
Writing Wizard by L'Escapadou
Montessori Numbers by L'Escapadou

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.