The Baby Drop - Webbs Road, thoughts please

2 posts
Muddlemoo
Options:
Share this post on:

The Baby Drop - Webbs Road, thoughts please

Postby Muddlemoo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi all

We normally have a nanny 2 days a week but she is going on holiday for 3 weeks. I am looking for a bit of ad-hoc childcare for my 19 month old son as i have to take my other kids to appts etc. So I wondered what anybody thought about The Baby Drop. My son is quite clingy and has never really been left with anybody other than our nanny who've we've had for a while. It would be for a max 2 hours!

Thanks so much.
clare74
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Baby Drop - Webbs Road, thoughts please

Postby clare74 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:19 pm

I'd recommend it. A few months ago I needed to go to a meeting and couldn't use any of my usual childcare options (mother, sister, childminder). We've never used babysitters, and I just felt I'd rather something more akin to a playgroup (that he was used to) than an individual whom he didn't know was preferable.

My son isn't especially clingy but does like to be in a a familiar environment. He went in to the Baby Drop without looking back. He had a great couple of hours and was still busy playing when I returned. Maybe he was just having a good day, but I suspect also the very nature of the business means that they're probably very familiar with - and capable of handling - the full range of ways in which children react to being dropped off.

The flexibility they offer is really great, and I find it reassuring that there's a back-up plan should I ever find myself in that situation again. I have also come across other parents who use it on a more regular basis too.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.