Nurseries and xmas gifts for key workers

7 posts
Noles
Options:
Share this post on:

Nurseries and xmas gifts for key workers

Postby Noles » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 pm

I know from reading the press and here that teachers traditionally get gifts but what about nursery workers? I guess so but do you get a gift for all the workers in the room or just your baby's key worker? What happens if there is a nominal key worker but another one shares the care of her? And what do you get for girls in their late teens, early twenties? Is wine really what they want? A big box of biscuits for the staff room? What do you spend on them? I can't afford to spend a fortune given how much the nursery already costs.

Any thoughts really welcome.

Thanks
TupeloHoney
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nurseries and xmas gifts for key workers

Postby TupeloHoney » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 pm

We get the key worker/s something, the other staff in the room something a bit smaller, or slightly lesser value, then we always get the nursery staff as a whole something like a big box of M&S biscuits or a tin of celebrations.

Always wonder what's an appropriate value/gift though - and difficult to know what the staff might like, so tend to stick to nice chocs/candles or wine - they might not want them but at least easy to regift if they don't!
NicNacs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NicNacs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Hello,

I've been wondering the same! Our daughter has just started a small nursery where there are six workers. Instead of giving them each a box of chocolates/wine we are going to give them a m&s voucher so they can spend as they wish

Xxx
AnnieH
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AnnieH » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm not sure exactly what the etiquette is and posted a simiar question last year when my son had just joined a nursery.

This year I am going to get his key worker an amazon gift voucher (he's a young man) and I think vouchers are a good present bearing in mind how little these amazing people get paid, and the room some chocs/biscuits.

I'm of the thought that if everyone treats their key workers then everyone ends up getting a share of presents.
Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 pm

We try and club together as a group.
We have 3 teachers, the main, teaching assistant and student.
We give the main about £100 voucher, £75 and £55 respectively.
Always nice for them to get what they want - John Lewis and Amazon always great.

IndyB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby IndyB » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Thought this was a timely forum to open again!

Just curious what people do? I have my child in nursery only 2 mornings a week and there are 7 teachers in her class... :o
TJ74
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TJ74 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:46 pm

I work in a nursery and my colleagues and I always like to receive cards (especially if made by the child) with a personal message from the parents. I keep all of mine.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.