English lessons for au pairs - any recommendations?

3 posts
Sunshine_State
Options:
Share this post on:

English lessons for au pairs - any recommendations?

Postby Sunshine_State » Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 pm

We have an au pair joining us shortly (in Hampton) who wants to take some English lessons while she's here. Does anyone have any recommendations (or non-recommendations) for classes nearby - Richmond/Kingston/Teddington etc?

I've found a few places offering classes in the middle of the day specifically aimed at au pairs, but was less than impressed with the first couple that I rang...

Thanks
foxrob02
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: English lessons for au pairs - any recommendations?

Postby foxrob02 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi - This post was a long time ago now - but the classes at Kingston Collage where really good last year for my au pair.

We have a new au pair who has just started with us - Manon (she is French). She will be going to Kingston collage.

She would also love to meet some other au pairs in the local area - please let me know if your au pair would like to met up. Thanks, Ali
Sunshine_State
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: English lessons for au pairs - any recommendations?

Postby Sunshine_State » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi,

Actually good timing re au pair meet-ups, as my original post about lessons was for our short-term summer au pair, who's now been and gone, but our new au pair for the school year has just joined us and would also like to meet other au pairs in the area! I'll message you.

Re English lessons if it's helpful to anyone else, Richmond English School in Mortlake turned out to be really good: http://richmondes.com/home.

They have special au pair lessons in the middle of the day, evening or weekend, and are really flexible so you can miss a day if you need to stay home with a sick child for example, and take the class on another day instead. They also do meet-ups etc for the students. Our au pair really enjoyed the classes and studied towards the Cambridge Advanced Cert - although she did say the main teacher, Tom, was fantastic, but pupils weren't so impressed with a couple of the ad hoc teachers and were making sure they took his classes.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.