The Bowling Green Cafe

8 posts
Clare (Admin)
Options:
Share this post on:

The Bowling Green Cafe

Postby Clare (Admin) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:51 am

What a gorgeous day today is! On a similar day last week I was rushing around doing errands and trying to walk the dog at the same time! On my round trip, I passed by the Bowling Green Cafe. I’d completely forgotten that it had reopened in the Summer. It was great to see this much loved cafe open again with the ride on toys being put through their paces and the cafe buzzing with activity. It’s got an Italian flavour and is run by the same people who have the cafe in Brockwell Park. My lemon cream Cannoli was a delicious treat while the dog and I enjoyed the sunshine and the common before heading off to the post office and more chores. So this is a quick reminder, to anybody who didn’t know or had like me forgotten, that the Bowling Green Cafe is back.
C30C7DC9-939B-4D9D-B368-DE133DB542D3.jpeg
Claphamconery
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Bowling Green Cafe

Postby Claphamconery » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:43 am

Agreed on the coffee front! I’m supposed as the coffee at brockwell Park is excellent. In fact the food in parks has undergone such a transformation( dulwich, Battersea park) it’s fantastic.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Well I'm glad it's open at long last and is an improvement. They've had a new guy in there this week, who looks a bit like Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa, learning the ropes so perhaps that the reason?

Any problems speak to Matteo, the follically challenged one. He's great, super front of house guy and he will address any issues.
mlm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mlm » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Can anyone comment on if their coffee has improved and is any good? Thanks
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Can anyone comment on if their coffee has improved and is any good? Thanks
I guess it wouldn't break the bank to go there and try one ...............

sloaney donkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sloaney donkey » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Tastes ok when I tried it

Better than Gail's

I waited 15 minutes to get it though and I was the only customer
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 pm

The layout of the cafe is a pain.  Two big ice cream machines, a drinks cabinet and another display case make it very squashed to sit inside.  There is one person, Stella, who tries hard but is overwhelmed and hampered by a menu, longer than a phone book, to make the place run as well as it could.  It is my understanding that the owner has a short term lease because no one wanted to pay the ridiculous rent Lambeth wanted.  We could see the same with the pavilion and bowls greens that are currently up for lease to.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.